MotoGP French: Fabio Quartararo Takes Home Pole at Le Mans
- MotoGP French, SHARK Helmets Grand Prix de France, took place at circuit of Le Mans on October 10th.
Qualifying was delayed owing to an oil spill caused by Miguel Oliveira (Red Bull KTM Tech3) expiring 13 minutes into FP4.
Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha) claimed a dream home Grand Prix pole position with 1'31.315s. Jack Miller (Ducati Team) took 2nd position after huge highside in FP3.
3rd position was Danilo Petrucci (Ducati Team), who secured his first front row start since the 2019 Italian GP.
Cal Crutchlow (LCR Honda) will head the second row on his despite still suffering with complications from surgery on his right arm in August. Maverick Vinales (Monster Yamaha) and Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) will start on the second row alongside Cal Crutchlow.
The Championship 2nd standing, Joan Mir (Suzuki Ecstar) could not advance to Q2 and was 14th, which is his worst qualifying of the year.
Fabio Quartararo said, “When I was watching Q1, Danilo did an impressive lap and I thought 'wow' we need to improve quite a bit to be at the front, so I am really happy because my first run was good. I was on the limit with the second one. I really wanted to do better and finally we have pole position.
We know Ducati starts well but we can also get good starts, so I am not really thinking about the title [right now]. The first sector I am good, so I will do the best possible to make a good first corner and sector in the first lap. I am not thinking about Mir being far, I just want to enjoy [it].
We have a great pace to fight for the podium and victory, I want to remain calm, that's what I am thinking for tomorrow rather than the championship.”
SHARK Helmets Grand Prix de France Qualifying Results
- Fabio Quartararo / Petronas Yamaha / 1'31.315s
- Jack Miller / Pramac Ducati / +0.222s
- Danilo Petrucci / Ducati Team / +0.359s
- Cal Crutchlow / LCR Honda / +0.371s
- Maverick Vinales / Monster Yamaha / +0.404s
- Andrea Dovizioso / Ducati Team / +0.407s
- Francesco Bagnaia / Pramac Ducati / +0.437s
- Pol Espargaro / Red Bull KTM / +0.480s
- Johann Zarco / Reale Avintia / +0.517s
- Valentino Rossi / Monster Yamaha / +0.574s
- Franco Morbidelli / Petronas Yamaha / +0.576s
- Miguel Oliveira / Red Bull KTM Tech3 / +0.694s
- Takaaki Nakagami / LCR Honda / 1'32.179s
- Joan Mir / Suzuki Ecstar / 1'32.187s
- Aleix Espargaro / Aprilia Gresini / 1'32.539s
- Alex Rins / Suzuki Ecstar / 1'32.757s
- Brad Binder / Red Bull KTM / 1'32.766s
- Alex Marquez / Repsol Honda / 1'32.774s
- Bradley Smith / Aprilia Gresini / 1'32.833s
- Iker Lecuona / Red Bull KTM Tech3 / 1'32.859s
- Stefan Bradl / Repsol Honda / 1'32.861s
- Tito Rabat / Reale Avintia / 1'33.61s
- source : MotoGP