MotoGP British: Alex Rins Beats Marc Marquez To Win Thrilling Race at Silverstone
- Alex Rins (Suzuki Ecstar) claimed his second victory of 2019 since Americas GP in April to beat Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda) at Silverstone.
A race-long battle between Marquez and Rins was until finished the final lap. And Alex Rins past Marc Marquez at the famous Woodcote corner and took the chequered flag ahead of Marquez by just 0.013 seconds.
The 3rd place was Maverick Viñales (Monster Yamaha) and his teammate Valentino Rossi finished 4th.
Beginning of the race, Andrea Dovizioso (Mission Winnow Ducati) and Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha) involved in a big crash. Andrea Dovizioso was taken to Coventry hospital. Thankfully he is cleared to return home this evening after an incredibly heavy landing.
Alex Rins said, “Unbelievable, unbelievable! I’ve beaten two legends: Valentino in Texas, Marquez here in Silverstone. It was so crazy. I beat him today but now I need to continue; I know it will be difficult. I made some mistakes, I nearly crashed at the first corner – I had a big moment. Two laps to the end I crossed the line very close to Marc and I thought the race was over but then I saw one lap remaining and thought: ‘wow, Alex, come on you need to keep pushing’. I was able to cut a lot of time in the first and second sectors and then in the last sector Marc was much stronger than me. Into Turn 16 he was able to break really hard. The last lap was unique though and it was possible for me to overtake.”
He added, “I have a lot of confidence with my Suzuki right now. We work so hard during the practices to get the feeling right and I was able to play with my bike to brake harder. The last two crashes we had at Assen and the Sachsenring I was fighting at the top, we had a lot of confidence. Today I was comfortable behind Marc.”
GoPro British Grand Prix Race Results
- Alex Rins / Suzuki Ecstar / 40m 12.799s
- Marc Marquez / Repsol Honda / +0.013s
- Maverick Viñales / Monster Yamaha / +0.620s
- Valentino Rossi / Monster Yamaha / +11.439s
- Franco Morbidelli / Petronas Yamaha / +13.109s
- Cal Crutchlow / LCR Honda / +19.169s
- Danilo Petrucci / Mission Winnow Ducati / +19.682s
- Jack Miller / Pramac Ducati / +20.318s
- Pol Espargaro / Red Bull KTM Factory / +21.079s
- Andrea Iannone / Factory Aprilia Gresini / +25.144s
- Francesco Bagnaia / Pramac Ducati / +40.317s
- Sylvain Guintoli / Suzuki Ecstar / +45.478s
- Hafizh Syahrin / Red Bull KTM Tech3 / +54.783s
- Jorge Lorenzo / Repsol Honda / +56.651s
- Karel Abraham / Reale Avintia Ducati / +89.282s
- Tito Rabat / Reale Avintia Ducati / +91.716s
- Takaaki Nakagami / LCR Honda / +100.420s
- source : MotoGP