Heart’s Ann Wilson Covers Audioslave's “I Am the Highway”
- American rock band Heart’s Ann Wilson is set to release a new album "Immortal" on September 14, 2018.
The album is included 10-track cover such as George Michael, Leonard Cohen, Amy Winehous, Gerry Rafferty, Chris Cornell, David Bowie, Cream, The Eagles and Lesley Gore.
Rolling Stone reviewed the album and posted one track “I Am the Highway” from it.
“I Am the Highway” was released by Chris Cornell's rock band Audioslave in 2003 from their self-titled debut album.
She performed the song during the 2017 Xmas Jam alongside Warren Haynes and Jake Shimabukuro.
Ann Wilson heard Chris Cornell's suicide news when she performed live along with Linkin Park on Jimmy Kimmel Live!.
She said, “Someone came into my dressing room and said ‘Chester would like to talk to you’ – he was really upset. This was just a couple of weeks before [Chester] decided to take himself. So I went in. He was really a mess. So anxious and sad and had to go onstage in a minute. I think that Chris’s departure hit [Chester] hard because he recognized the impulse. He had been hit by this news. There was a lot of fear there. I said to him, let’s just breathe here and look in each other’s eyes and go ‘we’re still here right now, let’s just do this.’ A couple of weeks later, he was gone.”
- "Immortal" Track List
- “A Different Corner” (George Michael)
- “A Thousand Kisses Deep” (Leonard Cohen)
- “Back to Black” (Amy Winehouse)
- “Baker Street” (Gerry Rafferty)
- “I Am the Highway” (Chris Cornell, Audioslave)
- “I’m Afraid of Americans” (David Bowie)
- “Life in the Fast Lane” (Joe Walsh, The Eagles) in honor of Glenn Frey
- “Luna” (Tom Petty)
- “Politician” (Cream) in honor of Jack Bruce
- “You Don’t Own Me” (Lesley Gore)
- source : Rolling Stone