MotoGP Emilia Romagna: Maverick Vinales Takes Pole Position After Francesco Bagnaia Lap Cancelled
- Following MotoGP San Marino, Emilia Romagna Grand Prix took place at the same, circuit Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli, in Italy.
Maverick Vinales (Monster Yamaha) claimed back-to-back pole positions with 1'31.077s after Francesco Bagnaia (Pramac Racing) had his 1'30.973s cancelled for exceeding track limits at the final corner.
Jack Miller (Pramac Ducati) advanced to Q1 from Q2 and took 2nd place on the front row. Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha) was 3rd with 1'31.222s.
Current World Championship leader Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) advanced to Q1 from Q2 as the same of Jack Miller, but he will start 9th.
Pol Espargaro (Red Bull KTM) jumped up to fourth after Francesco Bagnaia's record was cancelled, and the sister factory KTM of Brad Binder completing row two. Eventually, Francesco Bagnaia was 5th.
Valentino Rossi (Monster Yamaha) to seventh, with San Marino winner Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha) will start on the third row.
Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Hond), who is one of only two Honda riders in this event, crashed at Turn 15 in the early stages and after crashing at the same corner in FP4. He was 12th and his teammate Alex Marquez (Repsol Honda) was 17th.
Maverick Vinales said, “This weekend I tried to work always with a race setting. We make an improvement. Last weekend the bike always feels good without fuel but with fuel on the race I struggle a lot. This weekend we work a lot and it seems that we make an improvement. We wish it will work for the race.”
Jack Miller said, “When we got to Q2 I only had one tyre, so it was kind of a one-shot wonder. Anyway, we made it, not a bad qualifying, I was lucky to get the two off Pecco [Bagnaia].”
Fabio Quartararo said, “Feeling great to be on the front row, that is really important. Our race pace is looking good. I'm happy because we have a good base for tomorrow.”
Gran Premio TISSOT dell'Emilia Romagna e della Riviera di Rimini Grand Prix Qualifying Results
- Maverick Vinales / Monster Yamaha / 1'31.077s
- Jack Miller / Pramac Ducati / +0.076s
- Fabio Quartararo / Petronas Yamaha / +0.145s
- Pol Espargaro / Red Bull KTM / +0.231s
- Francesco Bagnaia / Pramac Ducati / +0.236s
- Brad Binder / Red Bull KTM / +0.312s
- Valentino Rossi / Monster Yamaha / +0.359s
- Franco Morbidelli / Petronas Yamaha / +0.489s
- Danilo Petrucci / Ducati Team / +0.497s
- Andrea Dovizioso / Ducati Team / +0.504s
- Joan Mir / Suzuki Ecstar / +0.540s
- Takaaki Nakagami / LCR Honda / +1.207s
- Iker Lecuona / Red Bull KTM Tech3 / 1'31.715s
- Johann Zarco / Reale Avintia / 1'31.764s
- Miguel Oliveira / Red Bull KTM Tech3 / 1'31.841s
- Aleix Espargaro / Aprilia Gresini / 1'31.912s
- Alex Marquez / Repsol Honda / 1'32.198s
- Alex Rins / Suzuki Ecstar / 1'32.275s
- Bradley Smith / Aprilia Gresini / 1'32.486s
- Tito Rabat / Reale Avintia / 1'32.85s
- source : MotoGP