MotoGP Motegi: Marc Marquez Takes His First Pole Position at Twin Ring Motegi
- The Round 16 on MotoGP 2019, Motul Grand Prix ran Qualifying at Twin Ring Motegi in Japan on October 19, 2019.
2019 World Champion Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda) took his first pole position at Motegi in the Motul Grand Prix of Japan.
Despite securing his 10th pole position of the season and 90th of his entire career, it marks his first at Honda’s home round in the premier class.
Petronas Yamaha duo, Franco Morbidelli and Fabio Quartararo took second and third position, respectively.
“Definitely yes, we did a great job today. We did well with the crew, we were able to make a good job yesterday in dry conditions, and today on half and half we were fast,” Franco Morbidelli said. “I wasn’t expecting to be that fast but I didn’t have the chance to try the conditions with the slick tyres in FP4. But anyway, we were able to make many good laps in qualifying, we will try to do the same tomorrow.”
Fabio Quartararo said. “We need to make a good start, that’s the most important, and then let’s see what we can do in the race. Honestly I feel good, if we make a good start then I think we can fight for the podium and yeah, we will do our 100% to fight with these guys. I’m not really focused on the victory, but focus on making a good race and fighting for the victory. I don’t want to only focus on the victory.”
Japanese rider Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Honda) could not advanced to Q2 from Q1 in his homeground and will start at 13th on the 5th row.
Motul Grand Prix of Japan Qualifying Results
- Marc Marquez / Repsol Honda / 45.763s
- Franco Morbidelli / Petronas Yamaha / +0.132s
- Fabio Quartararo / Petronas Yamaha / +0.181s
- Maverick Vinales / Monster Yamaha / +0.327s
- Cal Crutchlow / LCR Honda / +0.426s
- Jack Miller / Pramac Ducati / +0.574s
- Andrea Dovizioso / Ducati Team / +0.647s
- Danilo Petrucci / Ducati Team / +0.664s
- Aleix Espargaro / Factory Aprilia Gresini / +0.795s
- Valentino Rossi / Monster Yamaha / +0.795s
- Alex Rins / Suzuki Ecstar / +0.837s
- Joan Mir / Suzuki Ecstar / +0.853s
- Takaaki Nakagami / LCR Honda / 1'46.998s
- Francesco Bagnaia / Pramac Ducati / 1'47.594s
- Pol Espargaro / Red Bull KTM Factory / 1'47.654s
- Miguel Oliveira / Red Bull KTM Tech3 / 1'47.894s
- Mika Kallio / Red Bull KTM Factory / 1'47.979s
- Karel Abraham / Reale Avintia Ducati / 1'48.121s
- Jorge Lorenzo / Repsol Honda / 1'48.492s
- Hafizh Syahrin / Red Bull KTM Tech3 / 1'48.522s
- Sylvain Guintoli / Suzuki Ecstar / 1'49.186s
- Andrea Iannone / Factory Aprilia Gresini / 1'49.243s
- Tito Rabat / Reale Avintia Ducati / No Time
- source : MotoGP