You Me At Six Announces New Album “Truth Decay”, Shares New Song “Mixed Emotions (I Didn't Know How To Tell You What I Was Going Through)”
- British rock band You Me At Six, consisting of Josh Franceschi (vocals), Max Helyer (rhythm guitar), Chris Miller (lead guitar), Matt Barnes (bass) and Dan Flint (drums), announced their 8th studio album “Truth Decay”, which will be released on January 27, 2023 via Rise Records.
It is their first album in two years since the 2021 album “Suckapunch”.
The album comprises 13-track, featuring guest appearances from Rou Reynolds and Cody Frost.
The band recorded at Black Rock Studios in Santorini with producer Dan Austin.
The band frontman Josh Franceschi said of the album, “The album generally is the band doing all the things that we as a band think we're good at and just embellishing them and finessing those ideas and just trying to do retrospective, quintessential YMAS but in 2022 and give that a new lease of life. For us we saw people around us, our peers, and some new blood coming through that were doing emo rock music again and we thought 'well we know how to do that and we want the world to know how we do it.”
From the album, the band unveiled the third single called “Mixed Emotions (I Didn't Know How To Tell You What I Was Going Through)” on October 20, 2022.
The track was written by Josh James Alphonse Franceschi, Daniel David Flint, Christopher James Miller, Matthew James Barnes and Max Michael Helyer. Produced by Dan Austin.
- “Truth Decay” Track List:
- “ DEEP CUTS
- “Mixed Emotions (I Didn't Know How to Tell You What I Was Going Through)”
- “God Bless The 90s Kids”
- “After Love In The After Hours”
- “No Future? Yeah Right” feat. Rou Reynolds
- “Who Needs Revenge When I've Got Ellen Rae”
- “Traumatic Iconic”
- “A Smile To Make You Weak(er) At The Knees”
- “A Love Letter to Those Who Feel Lost” feat. Cody Frost
Photo by Freddie Stisted
- source : Apple Music