MotoGP Austria: Marc Marquez Breaks Mick Doohan's Pole Record at Red Bull Ring
- The Round 11 on MotoGP 2019, the Austrian Grand Prix ran Qualifying at Red Bull Ring on August 10, 2019.
Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda) claimed his 59th MotoGP pole position. This marks he recorded new premier class pole record, braking Mick Doohan's record for most premier-class poles.
Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha) and Andrea Dovizioso (Mission Winnow Ducati) will start on the front row.
Last year, Jorge Lorenzo won Austrian GP, Marc Marquez and Andrea Dovizioso battled for the second position. But this year, Jorge Lorenzo withdrew from this race due to injury. Both of Marc Marquez and Andrea Dovizioso think to battle for podium again.
Marc Marquez said, “Dovi knows that it can be a challenge for me, that I’ll try things that I wouldn’t try with a clear mind. I’m certain that if Dovi, tomorrow, is inspired and I can’t be, I will still try. If I can’t be, I’ll finish second. But it’s clear that the game is his strategy, and his strategy is to pull at the chord and see if it breaks. But I’m very focused in my box, on my strategy, on my mentality, and his game has no effect on me. I have my objective very clear. If it’s not possible to win this year, we’ll try again next year.”
Andrea Dovizioso said, “It’s very important because the start is very short and it’s very important to start with Marc at the beginning because he will surely try to go alone because it’s easier to win, especially at this track. So, it was very important and I’m happy because the feeling in the qualifying wasn’t perfect and it was very difficult to ride the 23 low but we did it in the end. We’ve worked hard for the race and the pace is quite good, so I think we have a big chance to fight with Marc… I’m confident because I feel good about the race pace. This gives us a big chance to fight, but last year Marc arrived in front of me, the pace is a bit faster in practice from Marc, so he’s surely a favourite but we’re there.”
myWorld Motorrad Grand Prix von Österreich Qualifying Results
- Marc Marquez / Repsol Honda / 1'23.027s
- Fabio Quartararo / Petronas Yamaha / +0.434s
- Andrea Dovizioso / Mission Winnow Ducati / +0.488s
- Maverick Viñales / Monster Yamaha / +0.496s
- Francesco Bagnaia / Pramac Ducati / +0.625s
- Takaaki Nakagami / LCR Honda / +0.642s
- Alex Rins / Suzuki Ecstar / +0.654s
- Jack Miller / Pramac Ducati / +0.661s
- Cal Crutchlow / LCR Honda / +0.727s
- Valentino Rossi / Monster Yamaha / +0.790s
- Pol Espargaro / Red Bull KTM Factory / +0.839s
- Danilo Petrucci / Mission Winnow Ducati / +0.937s
- Miguel Oliveira / Red Bull KTM Tech3 / 1'24.13s
- Franco Morbidelli / Petronas Yamaha / 1'24.27s
- Tito Rabat / Reale Avintia Ducati / 1'24.389s
- Johann Zarco / Red Bull KTM Factory / 1'24.392s
- Karel Abraham / Reale Avintia Ducati / 1'24.423s
- Andrea Iannone / Factory Aprilia Gresini / 1'24.526s
- Aleix Espargaro / Factory Aprilia Gresini / 1'24.749s
- Hafizh Syahrin / Red Bull KTM Tech3 / 1'24.759s
- Stefan Bradl / Repsol Honda / 1'25.02s
- source : MotoGP