MotoGP Argentina: Marc Marquez Takes Dominant First MotoGP Win of 2019 in Argentina
- Argentina Grand Prix watched pole sitter Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda) claimed his first MotoGP victory of 2019 and perfectly dominated other riders.
He got the chequered flag ahead of runner-up Valentino Rossi (Monster Yamaha) by a commanding margin of almost 10 seconds.
Valentino Rossi took the second place for his first podium since the 2018 German GP.
3rd place was Andrea Dovizioso (Mission Winnow Ducati), who battled with Valentino Rossi for 2nd position, but he was overtaken at Turn 7 on the final lap by Valentino Rossi.
Jack Miller (Pramac Ducati) finished 4th, Alex Rins (Suzuki Ecstar) was 5th and Danilo Petrucci was 6th.
Cal Crutchlow (LCR Honda) paid penalty with a jump-start, finally he finished 13th.
Maverick Vinales (Monster Yamaha) and Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha) made contact and crashed out together on the final lap.
Marc Marquez said, "Plan A was a good start, pushing from the beginning. Or Plan B, which was not such a good start - because you never know about Ducati with that holeshot system! I was thinking if they start first, I will save the tyres in the beginning and push in the end.
The start was perfect, I was so concentrated. I saw in the first lap that it was '+0.7', maybe a little bit more, and then just I kept pushing. I understood that the first laps were where I could make the biggest difference and this was the strategy."
He continued, "At the end I was not pushing at my 100 percent because I was trying to manage the risk.
We need to enjoy and be happy about the weekend, but in the end the [winning margin] was big but the 25 points are the same.
So I'm happy, but we need to keep pushing because other tracks will arrive where we will struggle more. But when we have this feeling, we need to use all our potential to take the 25 points.
For some reason this weekend since I went out from the pit box I was in good shape and when you are in good shape, when you have that sweet feeling, everything comes easier."
Valentino Rossi said, "I saw the images this morning and it was quite funny because it's like another era, it was in black and white on the television!
In the first part of my career I won a lot of races, a lot of championships, and you arrive in one point that is more difficult because arrive younger and stronger opponents. So in that moment maybe you have to decide if you prefer to stay at home and look at your trophies and be happy about this, or you prefer to continue to fight because you enjoy it. I think this is my case."
Gran Premio Motul de la República Argentina Grand Prix Race Results
- Marc Marquez / Repsol Honda / 41m 43.688s
- Valentino Rossi / Monster Yamaha / 41m 53.504s
- Andrea Dovizioso / Mission Winnow Ducati / 41m 54.218s
- Jack Miller / Pramac Ducati / 41m 55.828s
- Alex Rins / Suzuki Ecstar / 41m 56.251s
- Danilo Petrucci / Mission Winnow Ducati / 41m 57.438s
- Takaaki Nakagami / LCR Honda / 42m 1.848s
- Fabio Quartararo / Petronas Yamaha SRT / 42m 4.091s
- Aleix Espargaro / Factory Aprilia Gresini / 42m 8.980s
- Pol Espargaro / Red Bull KTM Factory / 42m 9.367s
- Miguel Oliveira / Red Bull KTM Tech3 / 42m 9.543s
- Jorge Lorenzo / Repsol Honda / 42m 11.185s
- Cal Crutchlow / LCR Honda / 42m 15.086s
- Francesco Bagnaia / Pramac Ducati / 42m 16.581s
- Johann Zarco / Red Bull KTM Factory / 42m 17.060s
- Hafizh Syahrin / Red Bull KTM Tech3 / 42m 19.233s
- Andrea Iannone / Factory Aprilia Gresini / 42m 21.926s
- source : MotoGP