pm studio world wide sports news
pm studio world wide sports news
news, tech, music, film, sports, cg, translation, photo uploader
- MotoGP San Marino: Maverick Vinales Takes Pole Position at Misano
- The Round 13 on MotoGP 2017, San Marino Grand Prix Qualifying ran at Misano on September 9.
Maverick Vinales (Movistar Yamaha) took pole position with a 1m32.439s. Following him, Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) tapped into second and Marc Marquez (Marc Marquez) crashed, as well as third.
Cal Crutchlow (LCR Honda) heads the second row after narrowly beating Jorge Lorenzo (Ducati Team) to fourth, with Tech 3 Yamaha's Johann Zarco completing the top half-dozen.
Unfortunately, nine-time world champion Valentino Rossi (Movistar Yamaha) was not there. Because, he was injured during training on a motocross bike after Austria GP.
He needs around 41 days for treatment his right tibia. He will comeback at Motegi in Japan GP in October. He is currently fourth in the world championship, 26 points behind Andrea Dovizioso, with six rounds remaining.
Maverick Vinales (P1):
“Today the bike was working really good, especially in FP4 I was happy with the bike. So I knew if I was riding well I could take pole. At Silverstone I rode aggressively but here I rode smooth. The bike is improving race by race and I’m happy we still have room to improve. I was trying the hard tyre and looking at the five laps to the end. That’s important, to be ready at the end. I’m happy with race pace but we have Warm Up to make another step so we can battle for the win. Let’s hope it doesn’t rain. But rain or no rain we have to be strong and competitive. The approach is the same as other races. We are four riders quite close so it could be a group at the beginning and whoever chooses the tyre right it could make the difference. It will be a tough race until the end.”
Andrea Dovizioso (P2):
“It’s always nice to get pole but it wasn’t what I was looking for. I’m surprised to take second, before qualifying I didn’t feel really good but when I started with a new tyre for qualifying I felt good again and I thought we could make a good time. My goal was first two rows so even better. I’m happy about that. They have good pace but we can fight. Conditions for sure will be different to today and everyone will have to adapt. On this track I think the new fairing works well and I think we can be fast with both, but I think I’m quite good now to use the best potential of the standard fairing and we decided to work with that. I followed a Ducati with the new fairing and in some places they’re faster, but I’m faster in other places. We’ll decide day by day and race by race. I think we made the right decision and this confirms it. It’s difficult to know how competitive everyone will be tomorrow because we have different approaches to practice, but I think it will be who is more ready for the new conditions rather than the pace today. Everybody is trying to not make mistakes, that’s the key to this Championship, but we have to try the maximum.”
Marc Marquez (P3):
“Apart from the crash I’m really happy about today. In FP3 I felt really, really good, maybe in FP4 with more temperature I struggled more but tomorrow looks like it will be cooler. But with used tyres the rhythm was good and I believe I was ready to fight for pole. With the first tyre I felt good and the second even better, but then I touched the red part, went a bit wide and I thought I had it under control but I lost the front. I’m feeling happy with the bike but it looks like we have similar pace alongside Dovizioso and Viñales and it will be a tight race. We’re in good shape, all riding well, trying to give everything. Tomorrow it looks like the forecast isn’t the best and we’ll have to adapt, be smart and be careful. A small mistake could be a problem for the Championship. But it looks like it will be cooler and this should help me a little bit. I’m always there and that’s given me good confidence but tomorrow will be a different day and a different race, but I have everything clear.”
Tribul Mastercard GP S.Marino e Riviera di Rimin Qualifying Results
- Maverick Vinales / Movistar Yamaha / 1m 32.439s
- Andrea Dovizioso / Ducati Team / 1m 32.601s
- Marc Marquez / Repsol Honda / 1m 32.636s
- Cal Crutchlow / LCR Honda / 1m 32.768s
- Jorge Lorenzo / Ducati Team / 1m 32.792s
- Johann Zarco / Monster Yamaha Tech3 / 1m 32.885s
- Dani Pedrosa / Repsol Honda / 1m 32.992s
- Danilo Petrucci / Octo Pramac / 1m 32.997s
- Aleix Espargaro / Factory Aprilia Gresini / 1m 33.149s
- Alvaro Bautista / Pull&Bear Aspar / 1m 33.417s
- Michele Pirro / Ducati Team / 1m 33.491s
- Karel Abraham / Pull&Bear Aspar / 1m 34.374s
- Hector Barbera / Reale Avintia / 1m 33.920s
- Jack Miller / EG 0,0 Marc VDS / 1m 33.933s
- Loris Baz / Reale Avintia / 1m 33.946s
- Jonas Folger / Monster Yamaha Tech3 / 1m 33.987s
- Pol Espargaro / Red Bull KTM Factory / 1m 34.080s
- Tito Rabat / EG 0,0 Marc VDS / 1m 34.095s
- Scott Redding / Octo Pramac / 1m 34.132s
- Alex Rins / Suzuki Ecstar / 1m 34.138s
- Andrea Iannone / Suzuki Ecstar / 1m 34.148s
- Bradley Smit / Red Bull KTM Factory / 1m 34.507s
- Sam Lowes / Factory Aprilia Gresin / 1m 35.659s
All photos copyright by MotoGP.
- source : MotoGP
This Week Popular Post
BBC Radio 1 Singles 40
"River (feat. Ed Sheeran)"
"Let You Down"