MotoGP San Marino: Marc Marquez Wins Beating Fabio Quartararo in Misano
- Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda) won the the San Marino MotoGP at Misano after a daring last-lap showdown with rookie Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha) on September 15th.
Fabio Quartararo led the race after passing Maverick Viñales (Monster Yamaha) on the second lap and tried to push for his first win of the premiere class. But Marc Marquez followed Fabio Quartararo, and was waiting for chance overtaking the Yamaha rider.
Marc Marquez tried to pass Fabio Quartararo twice on the final lap and pulled off him at last corner. Eventually, Fabio Quartararo was denied a maiden win by Marc Marquez.
Pole sitter Maverick Viñales fished 3rd, his teammate Valentino Rossi (Monster Yamaha) was 4th. Previous race winner Alex Rins (Suzuki) crashed out 11 laps remaining.
Marc Marquez said, “I am always fully motivated but of course when somebody plays with you, you have extra motivation and I know that speaking in the microphones here the game is lost but on the track it is another thing. Yesterday, somebody woke me up and the best way to speak is on the track. I know that here with the microphones the battle is lost but on the track that is my real battle.
You saw the way I celebrated the victory and first of all I am human and my team tried to keep my down and tried to focus on the championship.
Maybe today the easiest thing would be to follow Fabio for the last laps and with 0.8s behind I can say he was faster than me and I finished in second place. But that is not my way. For that reason I pushed until the end and I had enough confidence to try again. I knew that if I lost again people would speak again but I didn’t care about this, I just kept pushing and try.
That’s the best way to improve the face-to-face [battle], unlucky for me you need to improve in the race and in the race the cameras are there. If you lose everybody sees. I knew it wasn't necessary to win because Rins was out and Dovi far. But honestly, yesterday was extra motivation, extra push for the race."
GP Octo di San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini Grand Prix Race Results
- Marc Marquez / Repsol Honda / 42m 25.163s
- Fabio Quartararo / Petronas Yamaha / +0.903s
- Maverick Viñales / Monster Yamaha / +1.636s
- Valentino Rossi / Monster Yamaha / +12.660s
- Franco Morbidelli / Petronas Yamaha / +12.774s
- Andrea Dovizioso / Ducati Team / +13.744s
- Pol Espargaro / Red Bull KTM Factory / +20.050s
- Joan Mir / Suzuki Ecstar / +22.512s
- Jack Miller / Pramac Ducati / +26.554s
- Danilo Petrucci / Ducati Team / +31.456s
- Johann Zarco / Red Bull KTM Factory / +32.388s
- Aleix Espargaro / Factory Aprilia Gresini / +34.477s
- Tito Rabat / Reale Avintia Ducati / +35.325s
- Jorge Lorenzo / Repsol Honda / +47.247s
- Hafizh Syahrin / Red Bull KTM Tech3 / +62.280s
- Miguel Oliveira / Red Bull KTM Tech3 / +67.831s
- Karel Abraham / Reale Avintia Ducati / +84.666s
- Takaaki Nakagami / JPN LCR Honda / +1 lap
- source : MotoGP