MotoGP Thailand: Marco Bezzecchi Takes Maiden Pole Position at Buriram
The Round 17 of MotoGP 2022, OR Thailand Grand Prix took place at Chang International Circuit in Buriram, Thailand on October 1, 2022.
Unfortunately, Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Honda) and Joan Mir (Suzuki Ecstar) withdrew this event due to injury.
Tetsuta Nagashima (LCR Honda) replaced Takaaki Nakagami, and Danilo Petrucci (Suzuki Ecstar) returned to MotoGP, replacement Joan Mir.
Marco Bezzecchi (Mooney VR46 Ducati) claimed his MotoGP maiden pole position with a 1m29.671s for Valentino Rossi's Mooney VR46 Racing Team.
Jorge Martin (Pramac Ducati) took 2nd position behind Marco Bezzecchi by 0.021s. Francesco Bagnaia (Ducati Lenovo) was 3rd.
This marks all Ducati riders stand on the front row.
World Championship leader Fabio Quartararo (Monster Yamaha) was 4th. Followed by, Johann Zarco (Pramac Ducati) and Enea Bastianini (Gresini Ducati) will start on the second row.
Japanese GP winner Jack Miller (Ducati Lenovo) was unable to complete the session due to an issue on the rear of the bike. He will start 7th.
Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda) advanced to Q2 from Q1, but finished 8th. Luca Marini (Mooney VR46 Ducati) will start 9th, 0.543s behind team-mate Marco Bezzecchi.
Alex Rins (Suzuki Ecstar), Miguel Oliveira (Red Bull KTM) who advanced to Q2 from Q1, and the Brad Binder (Red Bull KTM) completed the top 12.
Marco Bezzecchi said, “Was a fantastic day for sure. Honestly, I didn't expect to make pole position. But my lap was good and I knew it. When I arrived to parc ferme it was a big emotion with all of my crew, my guys. It was a very good feeling, but I'm also happy because we worked very well since yesterday because yesterday I was not fast. From this morning we made a step and I was very competitive, also in terms of pace. So, it was a very nice day. Honestly, this morning I was already good in the last sector but today I think I made a very good last corner and this gave me the possibility of this pole position. But overall I was fast over the lap.”
OR Thailand Grand Prix Qualifying Results
- Marco Bezzecchi / Mooney VR46 Ducati / 1'29.671s
- Jorge Martin / Pramac Ducati / +0.021s
- Francesco Bagnaia / Ducati Lenovo / +0.104s
- Fabio Quartararo / Monster Yamaha / +0.238s
- Johann Zarco / Pramac Ducati / +0.292s
- Enea Bastianini / Gresini Ducati / +0.317s
- Jack Miller / Ducati Lenovo / +0.435s
- Marc Marquez / Repsol Honda / +0.462s
- Luca Marini / Mooney VR46 Ducati / +0.543s
- Alex Rins / Suzuki Ecstar / +0.666s
- Miguel Oliveira / Red Bull KTM / +0.814s
- Brad Binder / Red Bull KTM / +0.871s
- Aleix Espargaro / Aprilia Racing / 1'30.202s
- Franco Morbidelli / Monster Yamaha / 1'30.528s
- Cal Crutchlow / WithU Yamaha RNF / 1'30.542s
- Raul Fernandez / KTM Tech3 / 1'30.566s
- Maverick Viñales / Aprilia Racing / 1'30.578s
- Remy Gardner / KTM Tech3 / 1'30.602s
- Pol Espargaro / Repsol Honda / 1'30.641s
- Alex Marquez / LCR Honda / 1'30.692s
- Fabio Di Giannantonio / Gresini Ducati / 1'30.794s
- Tetsuta Nagashima / LCR Honda / 1'31.331s
- Darryn Binder / WithU Yamaha RNF / 1'31.356s
- Danilo Petrucci / Suzuki Ecstar / 1'31.604s
Photo by MotoGP
- source : MotoGP