MotoGP Qatar: Andrea Dovizioso Defeats Marc Marquez for Win Again in Qatar
- The opening grand prix of the 2019 MotoGP season in Qatar, Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) defeated Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda) in last-lap and took the first win of the season by just 0.023s.
It seems the same of the battle with both riders at the final corner last year.
3rd place was Cal Crutchlow (LCR Honda) and the leader of the beginning of the race, Alex Rins (Suzuki Ecstar) was 4th.
The pole sitter Maverick Vinales (Monster Yamaha) finally finished 7th and his team mate Valentino Rossi (Monster Yamaha) was 5th place.
“At the end he was able to overtake me but in Marc’s style!” Andrea Dovizioso said. “He is so good to try the overtake also when he doesn't have the same speed. But I was able to answer in the right way because my acceleration was really good.”
He continued, “It's nice to win like this, against a champion. But just Marc is able to do that. In that situation nobody entry I think. It is a desperate situation, he wanted to try. All over riders would think in that situation, stay behind me and finish second. So it's positive to finish like this. But unfortunately, it is his advantage. He is able to create that, and sometimes it works and sometimes not.”
VisitQatar Grand Prix Race Results
- Andrea Dovizioso / Ducati Team / 42m 36.902s
- Marc Marquez / Repsol Honda / 42m 36.925s
- Cal Crutchlow / LCR Honda / 42m 37.222s
- Alex Rins / Suzuki Ecstar / 42m 37.359s
- Valentino Rossi / Monster Yamaha / 42m 37.502s
- Danilo Petrucci / Ducati Team / 42m 39.222s
- Maverick Viñales / Monster Yamaha / 42m 39.383s
- Joan Mir / Suzuki Ecstar / 42m 41.990s
- Takaaki Nakagami / LCR Honda / 42m 44.308s
- Aleix Espargaro / Factory Aprilia Gresini / 42m 46.538s
- Franco Morbidelli / Petronas Yamaha SRT / 42m 46.549s
- Pol Espargaro / Red Bull KTM Factory / 42m 49.676s
- Jorge Lorenzo / Repsol Honda / 42m 51.209s
- Andrea Iannone / Factory Aprilia Gresini / 42m 51.251s
- Johann Zarco / Red Bull KTM Factory / 42m 51.995s
- Fabio Quartararo / Petronas Yamaha SRT / 42m 52.807s
- Miguel Oliveira POR / Bull KTM Tech3 / 42m 53.279s
- Karel Abraham / Reale Avintia / 42m 59.874s
- Tito Rabat / Reale Avintia / 42m 59.941s
- Hafizh Syahrin / Red Bull KTM Tech3 / 43m 20.144s
- source : MotoGP