MotoGP Andalucia: Fabio Quartararo Back On Pole, Marc Marquez Out
- MotoGP Andalucia takes place at Circuito de Jerez in Spain of the same place as Spanish GP.
Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha) took his second MotoGP pole of 2020 after Maverick Vinales (Monster Yamaha) had his last lap cancelled.
Maverick Vinales appeared pole with 1m36.907s in last lap, but he ran outside track limits on the exit of Turn 7 and his record was deleted.
Francesco Bagnaia (Pramac Ducati) was 3rd, which marks his maiden MotoGP front row.
Last race, Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda), Alex Rins (Suzuki Ecstar) and Cal Crutchlow (LCR Honda) crashed out and especially Marc Marquez had surgery his right arm due to broken. Also Cal Crutchlow had surgery on Tuesday.
But three riders participated in qualifying. However, eventually Marc Marquez withdrawn from tomorrow's race.
HRC boss Alberto Puig said, “We decided to go with the plan, to come here, skip Friday and try Saturday. This morning was like a test to see if he could ride the bike and it was OK, then in the afternoon finally we saw it was not so east. So we have decided that it is best not to race.”
Gran Premio Red Bull de Andalucía Grand Prix Qualifying Results
- Fabio Quartararo / Petronas Yamaha / 1'37.007s
- Maverick Vinales / Monster Yamaha / +0.095s
- Francesco Bagnaia / Pramac Ducati / +0.169s
- Valentino Rossi / Monster Yamaha / +0.335s
- Miguel Oliveira / Red Bull KTM Tech3 / +0.337s
- Franco Morbidelli / Petronas Yamaha / +0.405s
- Jack Miller / Pramac Ducati / +0.416s
- Takaaki Nakagami / LCR Honda / +0.457s
- Brad Binder / Red Bull KTM / +0.589s
- Joan Mir / Suzuki Ecstar / +0.593s
- Danilo Petrucci / Ducati Team / +0.899s
- Pol Espargaro / Red Bull KTM / +3.270s
- Cal Crutchlow / LCR Honda / 1'37.644s
- Andrea Dovizioso / Ducati Team / 1'37.656s
- Johann Zarco / Reale Avintia / 1'37.761s
- Aleix Espargaro / Aprilia Gresini / 1'37.885s
- Iker Lecuona / Red Bull KTM Tech3 / 1'38.206s
- Tito Rabat / Reale Avintia / 1'38.211s
- Bradley Smith / Aprilia Test Rider / 1'38.31s
- Alex Rins / Suzuki Ecstar / 1'38.601s
- Alex Marquez / Repsol Honda / 1'38.648s
- source : MotoGP