MotoGP Indonesian GP: Francesco Bagnaia Wins after Jorge Martin Crashes Out in Indonesia
Pertamina Grand Prix of Indonesia watched Francesco Bagnaia claimed his 6th victory of the season at Pertamina Mandalika International Circuit in Central Lombok on October 15, 2023.
Jorge Martin (Pramac Ducati) crashed out at Turn 11 on lap 13. This result marks Francesco Bagnaia returned to top of the championship by 18 points leads.
Maverick Viñales (Aprilia Racing) took the 2nd place, which is his third podium of the season.
Fabio Quartararo (Monster Yamaha) finished 3rd, following Indian GP last month.
Fabio Di Giannantonio (Gresini Ducati) was a season-best fourth.
Marco Bezzecchi (Mooney VR46 Ducati) was 5th despite collarbone surgery just seven days ago. His team-mate and poleman Luca Marini (Mooney VR46 Ducati) crashed out on lap 6.
Red Bull KTM pair Brad Binder (Red Bull KTM) and Jack Miller (Red Bull KTM) were 6th and 7th, respectively.
Enea Bastianini (Ducati Lenovo), Alex Rins (LCR Honda) in his first GP since Le Mans, and Aleix Espargaro (Aprilia Racing) rounded out the top 10.
Francesco Bagnaia said, “I was struggling a lot to overtake riders. The pace was not bad but I didn't have any chance to overtake my teammate. But today we improved a lot. In the warm-up I already felt better and in the race I just tried to do the maximum at the start. I have to say that the hard front tyre helped me to brake very hard. When I was in third position I was just pushing to try and catch Maverick. I could see that Martin was going away but I was thinking that Jorge's pace was very fast. I was starting to feel some drop from the rear and after his crash I just tried to push again for 2-3 laps. The last lap I really enjoyed and I knew that the guys behind were catching but I just tried to close out the lap. Both! From my side this victory means many things. We were so competitive again. We were missing this feeling so to have this performance again was very important. In a moment where Jorge was out it was important to take the most points available. We did that. From the moment in Barcelona it was not easy and honestly, the win today has given a lot of motivation.”
Pertamina Grand Prix of Indonesia Race Results
- Francesco Bagnaia / Ducati Lenovo / 41m 20.293s
- Maverick Viñales / Aprilia Racing / +0.306s
- Fabio Quartararo / Monster Yamaha / +0.433s
- Fabio Di Giannantonio / Gresini Ducati / +6.962s
- Marco Bezzecchi / Mooney VR46 Ducati / +11.111s
- Brad Binder / Red Bull KTM / +11.228s
- Jack Miller / Red Bull KTM / +12.474s
- Enea Bastianini / Ducati Lenovo / +12.684s
- Alex Rins / LCR Honda / +22.540s
- Aleix Espargaro / Aprilia Racing / +30.468s
- Takaaki Nakagami / LCR Honda / +30.823s
- Miguel Oliveira / RNF Aprilia / +36.639s
- Raul Fernandez / RNF Aprilia / +42.864s
- Franco Morbidelli / Monster Yamaha / +4 laps
Photo by MotoGP
- source : MotoGP