MotoGP Italian: Francesco Bagnaia Takes Home Win for Ducati at Mugello
- Gran Premio d'Italia Oakley watched Francesco Bagnaia (Ducati Lenovo) took his second victory of the 2022 season at Tuscan circuit in Mugello, following Spanish GP. This marks his first victory at Mugello.
Despite he dropped to ninth on the opening lap, but rebounded to take the lead before the halfway mark, and pull away by over a second to score his second win.
Fabio Quartararo (Monster Yamaha) completed 2nd behind Francesco Bagnaia by 0.635s. Aleix Espargaro (Aprilia Racing) took 3rd for the fourth race in a row.
Johann Zarco (Pramac Ducati) was 4th. Front row start Marco Bezzecchi (Mooney VR46 Ducati) and Luca Marini (Mooney VR46 Ducati) finished 5th and 6th, each. Pole sitter Fabio Di Giannantonio was 11th.
Brad Binder (Red Bull KTM) leaped up from 16th to 7th, his teammate Miguel Oliveira (Red Bull KTM) also moved up from 15th to 8th.
and Miguel Oliveira (Red Bull KTM) moved up
Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Honda) was 8th. Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda) finished 10th, who announced on Saturday that he would be taking a break from racing after Mugello to have a fourth operation on the right arm he badly broke in 2020.
Francesco Bagnaia said, “It's incredible. I think the team and me deserve this win because we worked a lot. The start was not the best but I am happy to win the race. At home, in front of our fans, it is really great.”
Fabio Quartararo said, “It was basically the best race of my career, to be honest. I was feeling bad all weekend, then I made an amazing start ... before the race I had nothing to lose because my pace was not so good. I was riding at my best today and I'm so happy. In France, it's mother's day, so I want to wish a good one to my mum.”
Gran Premio d'Italia Oakley Race Results
- Francesco Bagnaia / Ducati Lenovo / 41m 18.923s
- Fabio Quartararo / Monster Yamaha / +0.635s
- Aleix Espargaro / Aprilia Racing / +1.983s
- Johann Zarco / Pramac Ducati / +2.590s
- Marco Bezzecchi / Mooney VR46 Ducati / +3.067s
- Luca Marini / Mooney VR46 Ducati / +3.875s
- Brad Binder / Red Bull KTM / +4.067s
- Takaaki Nakagami / LCR Honda / +10.944s
- Miguel Oliveira / Red Bull KTM / +11.256s
- Marc Marquez / Repsol Honda / +11.800s
- Fabio Di Giannantonio / Gresini Ducati / +12.916s
- Maverick Viñales / Aprilia Racing / +12.917s
- Jorge Martin / Pramac Ducati / +17.240s
- Alex Marquez / LCR Honda / +17.568s
- Jack Miller / Ducati Lenovo / +17.687s
- Darryn Binder / WithU Yamaha RNF / +20.265s
- Franco Morbidelli / Monster Yamaha / +20.296s
- Michele Pirro / Aruba.it Racing / +21.305s
- Remy Gardner / KTM Tech3 / +30.548s
- Andrea Dovizioso / WithU Yamaha RNF / +31.011s
- Raul Fernandez / KTM Tech3 / +42.723s
- Lorenzo Savadori / Aprilia Racing / +1 lap
Photo by MotoGP
- source : MotoGP