MotoGP German: Marc Marquez Takes His 10th Consecutive Victory at Sachsenring
- MotoGP German watched Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda) claimed his 10th consecutive victory at the Sachsenring before summer break. He won once in 125cc class, 2 times in Moto2 class and 7 times in MotoGP Class.
Maverick Vinales (Monster Yamaha) took back-to-back podium following Dutch GP Assen. Cal Crutchlow (LCR Honda) finished 3rd place, which is his first podium since 2019 opening race Qatar GP.
2nd position start, Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha) crashed out on the 1st lap. Alex Linz (Suzuki Exeter) was running at 2nd position following Marc Marquez, but he crashed at the Turn 11 on 18th lap and retired for the second race in a row.
Three Ducati riders, Danilo Petrucci, Andrea Dovizioso and Jack Miller finished between 4th and 6th, respectively.
The seven-time Champion Marc Marquez goes into the summer break with a 58-point buffer over Andrea Dovizioso in the Championship standings, with Danilo Petrucci just six points off his teammate.
Marc Marquez said, “I pushed more or less for 10 laps, then I tried to save the tyres for 10 more laps, and then the last 10 laps it is true that I had more [pace] but in the end Austin was in my head. I knew it didn’t matter as I needed three or four seconds of an advantage and then I tried to manage that.
I didn’t want to increase the advantage so I managed it. I feel really good with the bike and I took that profit. The good thing is when we struggle we are still there as we have that small advantage and when we feel good we can win the race in this way.
I was convinced about taking the hard rear but then after warm-up and on the grid we picked the medium and that was the correct choice as I felt good from the beginning until the end so I am very happy. My plan was to lead the race from the beginning until the end, try to just warm the tyres for the first two laps and then push in the third lap and that is exactly what I did as planned. That’s exactly what we spoke about with the team. We did a great job and the Repsol Honda team worked in a good way.”
HJC Helmets Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland Race Results
- Marc Marquez / Repsol Honda / 41m 8.276s
- Maverick Vinales / Monster Yamaha / +4.587s
- Cal Crutchlow / LCR Honda / +7.741s
- Danilo Petrucci / Mission Winnow Ducati / +16.577s
- Andrea Dovizioso / Mission Winnow Ducati / +16.669s
- Jack Miller / Pramac Ducati / +16.836s
- Joan Mir / Suzuki Ecstar / +17.156s
- Valentino Rossi / Monster Yamaha / +19.110s
- Franco Morbidelli / Petronas Yamaha / +20.634s
- Stefan Bradl / Repsol Honda / +22.708s
- Tito Rabat / Reale Avintia Ducati / +26.345s
- Pol Espargaro / Red Bull KTM Factory / +26.574s
- Andrea Iannone / Factory Aprilia Gresini / +32.753s
- Takaaki Nakagami / LCR Honda / +32.925s
- Karel Abraham / Reale Avintia Ducati / +37.934s
- Hafizh Syahrin / Red Bull KTM Tech3 / +41.615s
- Francesco Bagnaia / Pramac Ducati / +56.189s
- Miguel Oliveira / Red Bull KTM Tech3 / +57.377s
- source : MotoGP