MotoGP Barcelona: Fabio Quartararo Takes Second MotoGP Pole Position in Catalunya
- The Round 7 on MotoGP 2019, the Catalunya Grand Prix ran Qualifying at Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya on June 15, 2019.
Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha) took his second MotoGP pole position after arm surgery. Last year, he took Moto 2 win at the same circuit.
2nd place was reigning Champion Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda) behind Fabio Quartararo by 0.015s.
Maverick Vinales secured his first front row start since Argentina in third. But he has been given a penalty of 3 grid positions after being found to be riding in an irresponsible manner during Q2. Finally, Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha) moved up and will start at third place tomorrow.
Italian GP winner Danilo Petrucci (Mission Winnow Ducati) and Alex Rins (Suzuki Ecstar) crashed and will start to seventh and eighth on the grid, respectively.
Fabio Quartararo said, “Physically we didn’t take any medication yesterday or today, but tomorrow we will take something. We didn’t change anything on the bike, FP1 was quite a strange feeling. I still have the stitches, so I don’t feel pain but I have a strange feeling on my arm. This is not an injury, it is something we need to do for the next races. It is just a matter of getting used to it.
We will try to make a good start because this year I haven’t gained one position in all of the six races, so we will hope to stay in this position and not lose a lot of positions.
For sure this pole position is special, it is one of my favourites tracks. I have good memories so after 11 days after surgery, I didn’t know how my condition would be at this track. I’m very happy.”
Gran Premi Monster Energy de Catalunya Qualifying Results
- Fabio Quartararo / Petronas Yamaha / 1'39.484s
- Marc Marquez / Repsol Honda / +0.015s
- Franco Morbidelli / Petronas Yamaha / +0.227s
- Valentino Rossi / Monster Yamaha / +0.269s
- Andrea Dovizioso / Mission Winnow Ducati / +0.293s
- Maverick Vinales / Monster Yamaha / +0.226s
- Danilo Petrucci / Mission Winnow Ducati / +0.360s
- Alex Rins / Suzuki Ecstar / +0.386s
- Cal Crutchlow / LCR Honda / +0.667s
- Jorge Lorenzo / Repsol Honda / +0.715s
- Joan Mir / Suzuki Ecstar / +0.756s
- Pol Espargaro / Red Bull KTM Factory / +0.941s
- Francesco Bagnaia / Pramac Ducati / 1'40.167s
- Jack Miller / Pramac Ducati / 1'40.271s
- Karel Abraham / Reale Avintia Ducati / 1'40.349s
- Takaaki Nakagami / LCR Honda / 1'40.362s
- Aleix Espargaro / Factory Aprilia Gresini / 1'40.400s
- Johann Zarco / Red Bull KTM Factory / 1'40.427s
- Tito Rabat / Reale Avintia Ducati / 1'40.682s
- Miguel Oliveira / Red Bull KTM Tech3 / 1'40.752s
- Hafizh Syahrin / Red Bull KTM Tech3 / 1'40.839s
- Bradley Smith / Factory Aprilia Gresini / 1'41.232s
- Sylvain Guintoli / Suzuki Ecstar / 1'41.270s
- Andrea Iannone / Factory Aprilia Gresini / 1'41.748s
- source : MotoGP