MotoGP Catalunya: Back-to-back Ducati wins for dominant Jorge Lorenzo
- Gran Premi Monster Energy de Catalunya Grand Prix in Barcelona witnessed Jorge Lorenzo (Ducati Team) took back-to-back wins following Mugello GP. This marks his second victory of the 2018 senson as Ducati rider.
Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda) was 2nd, Valentino Rossi (Movistar Yamaha) finished 3rd.
Cal Crutchlow (LCR Honda) was 4th ahead of Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda) and Maverick Vinales (Movistar Yamaha).
Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) crashed out at the Turn 5 on the nine lap of 24. In addition to Andrea Dovizioso, 11 riders of 26 crashed out from the race.
This result marks Marc Marquez maintains 1st with 115 points, Valentino Rossi moves up to 2nd with 88 points, and Andrea Dovizioso moves down to 8th in MotoGP World Standing.
Jorge Lorenzo said after the race;
“With the Ducati, never (felt as good). Last year was not good but honestly also our bike now is competitive and I feel great. Probably we have the best and most complete Ducati ever, that’s also a good sign, so let’s see. The good thing for us is that we don’t have pressure, we don’t have nothing to lose, and Marc has a little more pressure in that aspect.
Bad news is that we are very far, the good news is that we still have a lot of races until the end. From Mugello it was almost impossible, now it’s possible even if it is very difficult, but we have our chance.
This championship can change so much and I also can lose many points in a difficult race, Assen for example is a track that for the moment has been a lot of years that I did not get a very good result."
Gran Premi Monster Energy de Catalunya Grand Prix Race Results
- Jorge Lorenzo / Ducati Team / 40m 13.566s
- Marc Marquez / Repsol Honda / 40m 18.045s
- Valentino Rossi / Movistar Yamaha / 40m 19.664s
- Cal Crutchlow / LCR Honda / 40m 23.371s
- Dani Pedrosa / Repsol Honda / 40m 24.206s
- Maverick Vinales / Movistar Yamaha / 40m 24.364s
- Johann Zarco / Monster Yamaha Tech3 / 40m 26.998s
- Danilo Petrucci / Pramac Ducati / 40m 28.621s
- Alvaro Bautista / Angel Nieto Team / 40m 35.623s
- Andrea Iannone / Suzuki Ecstar / 40m 37.707s
- Pol Espargaro / Red Bull KTM Factory / 40m 50.126s
- Scott Redding / Factory Aprilia Gresini / 40m 51.795s
- Karel Abraham / Angel Nieto Team / 41m 35.092s
- Franco Morbidelli / EG 0,0 Marc VDS / +3 laps
- source : MotoGP