pm studio world wide sports news
pm studio world wide sports news
news, tech, music, film, sports, cg, translation, photo uploader
- MotoGP Valencia: Dani Pedrosa Wins Race, Marc Marquez Takes World Title
- MotoGP final race of this year, Valencia Grand Prix witnessed Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda) took his second victory of 2017 season, and Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda) claimed his fourth World Champion. Johann Zarco (Monster Yamaha Tech3) was second place, which was his third podium in 2017.
World Title competitor Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) crashed out on 24 laps and missed his first World Champion.
Marc Marquez led the opening laps, but Tech 3 Yamaha's Johann Zarco passed him at Turn 6 on the fourth lap. Following both riders, Dani Pedrosa, Jorge Lorenzo (Ducati Team) and Andrea Dovizioso made top group. On 23 laps, Marc Marquez ran wide and dropped down to fifth. At the point, everyone thought Andrea Dovizioso got the chance to win, but he crashed out following Jorge Lorenzo soon. Finally, Dani Pedrosa overtook Johann Zarco on 28 laps and became winner of the race. Marc Marquez finished 3rd place and took the World Champion of 2017.
Valentino Rossi (Movistar Yamaha) was fifth on the best of the works Yamahas. Front row starter Andrea Iannone (Suzuki Ecstar) slumped to sixth at the finish, ahead of satellite Honda duo Jack Miller and Cal Crutchlow.
World Champion Marc Marquez said;
“I think you have good highlights of the race. It was difficult to control. The easiest strategy was just to finish the race but it was hard to control myself. I let Zarco past because I knew he would try to push. Behind him I was able to be faster, and I was too comfortable, losing concentration and making some small mistakes…when he made a mistake, I overtook but he was aggressive. When I made that mistake at the final corner I was scared because I thought he was close and tried to brake late to avoid a critical moment, but then I created my own critical moment! But I stayed on the bike and said ‘time to finish the race’, then Lorenzo and Dovi made mistakes, and I was disappointed that Dovi isn’t here because he had an amazing season. Then I wanted to push and catch them again but I was missing gears and everything – so I just finished the race.
It wasn’t easy, I was pushing every practice. I was all in in every practice. But that’s something we need to change for the future, I try to be realistic and I’m happy we won but there are a few things we need to improve for next year. I had 27 crashes, but I learned something. And I crashed 27 times but I was close to crashing 50 times. With 27 crashes you can understand a lot! But I want to improve that for the future – with the same level but safer.
I already said before I’m disappointed he didn’t finish today, because he was an incredible opponent and incredible person. I have a very good relationship with him. And Ducati went to my box to congratulate my team, so full respect, that’s very nice. I learned many things from Andrea, especially mental things. The way to approach races and weekends showed me you need to forget the others. Not many people can, and he’s one of, if not the best one at doing that.
Now, for the moment I’m World Champion. We're Champions until December. But from the 1st of January it’s a new year, and I’m a new rider."
Gran Premio Motul de la Comunitat Valenciana Race Results
- Dani Pedrosa / Repsol Honda / 46m 8.125s
- Johann Zarco / Monster Yamaha Tech3 / 46m 8.462s
- Marc Marquez / Repsol Honda / 46m 18.986s
- Alex Rins / Suzuki Ecstar / 46m 21.692s
- Valentino Rossi / Movistar Yamaha / 46m 21.942s
- Andrea Iannone / Suzuki Ecstar / 46m 22.641s
- Jack Miller / EG 0,0 Marc VDS / 46m 25.212s
- Cal Crutchlow / LCR Honda / 46m 25.355s
- Michele Pirro / Ducati Team / 46m 34.067s
- Tito Rabat / EG 0,0 Marc VDS / 46m 35.145s
- Bradley Smith / Red Bull KTM Factory / 46m 38.960s
- Maverick Viñales / Movistar Yamaha / 46m 43.137s
- Danilo Petrucci / Octo Pramac / 46m 46.201s
- Karel Abraham / Pull&Bear Aspar / 46m 50.113s
- Hector Barbera / Reale Avintia / 46m 55.828s
- Loris Baz / Reale Avintia / 46m 55.834s
- Michael Van Der Mark / Movistar Yamaha / 47m 0.259s
All photos copyright by MotoGP.
- source : MotoGP
This Week Popular Post
BBC Radio 1 Singles 40
"Walk On Water (feat. Beyoncé)"
"Dusk Till Dawn (feat. Sia)"
"Finders Keepers (feat. Kojo Funds)"