Jon Allen Premieres Live Video for “Jonah's Whale” at RAK Studios
- British singer-songwriter Jon Allen released a new song “Jonah's Whale” for the first time in four years.
The song is the first single off of his upcoming fourth album "Blue Flame", which is set to be released on May 18, 2018.
Also, he has dropped a live video for it, in which he performed at RAK Studios in London. The sound is R&B like classic 60's style of Motown unlike his previously folk rocker.
The new album comprises of 12-track and is his first LP since 2014's "Deep River".
Jon Allen said of the song;
"With 'Jonah’s Whale' I stumbled upon the groove and chords first and wanted the lyric to evoke the sense of joyfulness I was getting from playing it through on an acoustic guitar. I settled upon the concept of a central character, head over heels in a love bubble, blinded to the outside world’s troubles. If this song doesn’t make you feel good, I have failed."
- Originally Jon Allen was discovered by Mark Knopfler in 2006. He debuted with "Going Home" in 2008. The song was championed by BBC Radio 1’s Jo Whiley, featured on the worldwide Land Rover TV commercial in 2008.
He released a debut album "Dead Man's Suit" in 2009. Since then, he released the second album "Sweet Defeat" in 2011 and the third album "Deep River" in 2014.
He embarks the tour in support of the album from May 4th to June 1st in the UK.
Afterwards, he will support Dionne Warwick's tour in the UK and Netherlands through to November 27th.
Learn more about tour dates, click here.
"Blue Flame" Track List:
- "Jonah's Whale"
- "Keep On Walking"
- "Since You Went Away"
- "It's Just the End of the World"
- "If You Change Your Mind"
- "Hold You In My Heart"
- "Better Day"
- "Waking Dream"
- "Blue Flame"
- "You (US Exclusive Bonus Track)"
- source : Jon Allen Official Site