MotoGP Valencia: Fabio Quartararo Takes Pole Position at Circuit Ricardo Tormo
- The Round 19 on MotoGP 2019, Gran Premio Motul de la Comunitat Valenciana Grand Prix ran Qualifying at Circuit Ricardo Tormo in Valencia on November 16, 2019.
This event is the final of 2019 MotoGP and the final race for 5-time World Champion Jorge Lorenzo (Repsol Honda).
Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha) took a sixth pole position of his rookie MotoGP campaign. Reigning Champion Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda) was the 2nd position after Fabio Quartararo by 0.032 seconds. Jack Miller (Pramac Ducati) was 3rd position in the front row.
Maverick Vinales (Monster Yamaha), Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha) and Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) will start in the 2nd row.
Missing the Q2 cut by close to three tenths, Johann Zarco's (LCR Honda) last race as Takaaki Nakagami's replacement will commence from 13th.
Jorge Lorenzo will start his final grand prix from 16th.
Fabio Quartararo said, “I am really happy about the pole position but yesterday we were not feeling so great on the pace. We finished P1 in the general classification yesterday but our pace was not so good and today we made a step, not as close as Marc and Maverick’s pace, but I am really happy because we are much more constant. Sector 4 was a point where we struggled a lot yesterday and today we made a step and I hope to make another one tomorrow in warm-up.”
Gran Premio Motul de la Comunitat Valenciana Grand Prix Qualifying Results
- Fabio Quartararo / Petronas Yamaha / 1'29.978s
- Marc Marquez / Repsol Honda / +0.032s
- Jack Miller / Pramac Ducati / +0.108s
- Maverick Vinales / Monster Yamaha / +0.200s
- Franco Morbidelli / Petronas Yamaha / +0.471s
- Andrea Dovizioso / Ducati Team / +0.533s
- Joan Mir / Suzuki Ecstar / +0.595s
- Alex Rins / Suzuki Ecstar / +0.617s
- Cal Crutchlow / LCR Honda / +0.748s
- Danilo Petrucci / Ducati Team / +0.793s
- Pol Espargaro / Red Bull KTM Factory / +0.930s
- Valentino Rossi / Monster Yamaha / +0.976s
- Johann Zarco / LCR Honda / 1'30.826s
- Michele Pirro / Ducati Team / 1'30.949s
- Aleix Espargaro / Factory Aprilia Gresini / 1'30.972s
- Jorge Lorenzo / Repsol Honda / 1'31.295s
- Mika Kallio / Red Bull KTM Factory / 1'31.383s
- Tito Rabat / Reale Avintia Ducati / 1'31.507s
- Iker Lecuona / Red Bull KTM Tech3 / 1'31.658s
- Andrea Iannone / Factory Aprilia Gresini / 1'31.714s
- Karel Abraham / Reale Avintia Ducati / 1'31.815s
- Hafizh Syahrin / Red Bull KTM Tech3 / 1'31.839s
- source : MotoGP