MotoGP German: Fabio Quartararo Dominates Race at Sachsenring
- Liqui Moly Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland watched Fabio Quartararo (Monster Yamaha) took back-to-back wins at Sachsenring following Catalan GP.
He dominated the race after Francesco Bagnaia (Ducati Lenovo) crashed out. He through the chequered flag without giving top position to other riders once.
Johann Zarco (Pramac Ducati) finished a lonely second, and took back-to-back podiums following Catalan GP.
Jack Miller (Ducati Lenovo) took 3rd, even though he had been handed a long-lap penalty.
Aleix Espargaro (Aprilia Racing) competed with Jack Miller for 3rd position, finally finished 4th. His team-mate Maverick Vinales (Aprilia Racing) was running in 4th, but was forced to pull into pitlane as his rear ride height device had broken.
Luca Marini (Mooney VR46 Ducati) was 5th, Jorge Martin (Pramac Ducati) was 6th and Brad Binder (Red Bull KTM) finished 7th.
The top 10 was rounded out by Di Giannantonio (Gresini Ducati), Miguel Oliveira (Red Bull KTM), and Enea Bastianini (Gresini Racing).
For Honda, this race was nightmare. Pol Espargaro (Repsol Honda) retired due to rib pain from a crash in Free Practice and Alex Marquez (LCR Honda) also had a rear ride height device failure, specifically that it would not disengage after the start. His team-mate Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Honda) crashed out.
Home hero and Marc Marquez's replacement Stefan Bradl (Repsol Honda) was the only Honda to make it to the chequered flag in 16th.
Fabio Quartararo said, “I'm tired, I was sick most of the weekend and was coughing during the race, but I am super happy. I am not thinking of the championship. I am here to win as many races as possible, maybe by the time it comes to Japan and Thailand (in September and October), I will think about the title itself. We are going to a track I love at Assen (the Dutch MotoGP) next week.”
Johann Zarco said, “It was a nightmare, but I ensured my runners-up spot when I decided to chase down Fabio after Bagnaia crashed. I battled hard for it, and was exhausted at the end, but it is never easy for me and I just have to tough these races out.”
Jack Miller said, “I had an eventful race and nearly crashed. I was happy with the job I did, I put everything out there.”
Liqui Moly Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland Race Results
- Fabio Quartararo / Monster Yamaha / 41m 12.816s
- Johann Zarco / Pramac Ducati / +4.939s
- Jack Miller / Ducati Lenovo / +8.372s
- Aleix Espargaro / Aprilia Racing / +9.113s
- Luca Marini / Mooney VR46 Ducati / +11.679s
- Jorge Martin / Pramac Ducati / +13.164s
- Brad Binder / Red Bull KTM / +15.405s
- Fabio Di Giannantonio / Gresini Ducati / +15.851s
- Miguel Oliveira / Red Bull KTM / +19.740s
- Enea Bastianini / Gresini Ducati / +21.611s
- Marco Bezzecchi / Mooney VR46 Ducati / +23.175s
- Raul Fernandez / KTM Tech3 / +26.548s
- Franco Morbidelli / Monster Yamaha / +29.014s
- Andrea Dovizioso / WithU Yamaha RNF / +30.680s
- Remy Gardner / KTM Tech3 / +30.812s
- Stefan Bradl / Repsol Honda / +52.040s
Photo by MotoGP
- source : MotoGP