MotoGP Aragon: Jorge Lorenzo Snatches Pole Position at MotorLand Aragón
- The Round 14 on MotoGP 2018, Gran Premio Movistar de Aragón ran Qualifying at MotorLand Aragón on September 22, 2018.
Jorge Lorenzo (Ducati Team) took his fourth pole position of the 2018 MotoGP season with 1m 46.881s, his team-mate Andrea Dovizioso was second position by 0.014 seconds. The third position was Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda) with 1m 46.960s, He did not improve after a small mistake at Turn 1.
Cal Crutchlow (LCR Honda) managed to hang on to fourth despite crashing at Turn 12 and will lead fifth Andrea Iannone (Suzuki Ecstar) and sixth Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda) on the second row on Sunday.
Danilo Petrucci (Pramac Ducati) was seventh ahead of Alvaro Bautista (Angel Nieto Team), Alex Rins (Suzuki Ecstar) and Jack Miller (Pramac Ducati).
Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Honda) and Maverick Vinales (Movistar Yamaha) advanced to Q1 from Q2, but both will start 11th and 14th, respectively.
While Valentino Rossi (Movistar Yamaha) could not advance to Q2, he finished 18th with 1m 48.627s, marking his worst qualifying performance since the 2006 Dutch TT.
Jordi Torres (Reale Avintia) will make his MotoGP race debut from 23rd on the grid.
Maverick Vinales has been handed a three-place grid penalty, Franco Morbidelli a six-place penalty for riding slowly on the racing line and disturbing other riders in qualifying.
Maverick Vinales will start 14th, Franco Morbidelli starting 19th.
Aragon Grand Prix Qualifying Results (Update)
- Jorge Lorenzo / Ducati Team / 1m 46.881s
- Andrea Dovizioso / Ducati Team / 1m 46.895s
- Marc Marquez / Repsol Honda / 1m 46.960s
- Cal Crutchlow / LCR Honda / 1m 47.146s
- Andrea Iannone / Suzuki Ecstar / 1m 47.169s
- Dani Pedrosa / Repsol Honda / 1m 47.224s
- Danilo Petrucci / Pramac Ducati / 1m 47.351s
- Alvaro Bautista / Angel Nieto Team / 1m 47.678s
- Alex Rins / Suzuki Ecstar / 1m 47.737s
- Jack Miller / Pramac Ducati / 1m 47.792s
- Takaaki Nakagami / LCR Honda / 1m 48.284s
- Johann Zarco / Monster Yamaha Tech3 / 1m 48.052s
- Aleix Espargaro / Factory Aprilia Gresini / 1m 48.181s
- Maverick Vinales / Movistar Yamaha / 1m 47.810s (penalty)
- Bradley Smith / Red Bull KTM Factory / 1m 48.216s
- Karel Abraham / Angel Nieto Team / 1m 48.398s
- Valentino Rossi / Movistar Yamaha / 1m 48.627s
- Hafizh Syahrin / Monster Yamaha Tech3 / 1m 48.975s
- Franco Morbidelli / EG 0,0 Marc VDS / 1m 48.009s (penalty)
- Thomas Luthi / EG 0,0 Marc VDS / 1m 48.988s
- Scott Redding / Factory Aprilia Gresini /1m 49.303s
- Xavier Simeon / Reale Avintia /1m 49.699s
- Jordi Torres / Reale Avintia /1m 50.336s
- source : MotoGP