MotoGP Misano: Jorge Lorenzo Takes Pole Postion at San Marino
- The Round 13 on MotoGP 2018, GP Octo di San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini Grand ran Qualifying at Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli on September 8, 2018.
Jorge Lorenzo (Ducati Team) beat his own 2016 Misano lap record to take pole position with 1m 31.629s.
Jack Miller (Pramac Ducati) moved into second as Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda) crashed, he took his second front-row start of the season.
Maverick Vinales (Movistar Yamaha) was 3rd position, who narrowly edged out Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) on his last lap.
Andrea Dovizioso will start at 4th place on the second row.
Marc Marquez took fifth after a crash. He crashed at the Turn 15, then sprinted back to the garage and mounted his second bike with four minutes left of the session to run, but he could not improve his previous time.
Jorge Lorenzo said:
“I’m happy with the improvements, in my riding and in the bike. But the race is the race, with more fuel and probably harder tyres. It’s a long race with 27 laps and you can’t push at 100% throughout the whole race so you need to manage everything a bit and it will be difficult. But as always it’s the same favourites: me, Marc, Dovi, Viñales, Valentino will be there…I think we have four or five riders fighting for victory.
It couldn’t have gone any better. To be so fast here at Misano with the Ducati, which normally struggles a bit here…although maybe not this Ducati because we have a very complete bike…but it makes me proud and happy.”
Jack Mille said:
“I was a bit surprised at the first row and I didn’t believe it at the time,” grins Miller, who explains the story of the success goes back to Friday. “I thought I could go directly through to Q2 yesterday but we’d had a disaster in FP2. I put in the softs at the end after the crash, I went out on medium-medium to get some race setup, couldn’t get the temparatures up after four laps and it was a strange crash. Then I only had a soft front and I wasn’t able to do the laptime, I did the same as FP1 when I ran into some traffic.”
San Marino Grand Prix Qualifying Results
- Jorge Lorenzo / Ducati Team / 1m 31.629s
- Jack Miller / Pramac Ducati / 1m 31.916s
- Maverick Vinales / Movistar Yamaha / 1m 31.950s
- Andrea Dovizioso / Ducati Team / 1m 32.003s
- Marc Marquez / Repsol Honda / 1m 32.016s
- Cal Crutchlow / LCR Honda / 1m 32.025s
- Valentino Rossi / Movistar Yamaha / 1m 32.028s
- Danilo Petrucci / Pramac Ducati / 1m 32.136s
- Johann Zarco / Monster Yamaha Tech3 / 1m 32.250s
- Alex Rins / Suzuki Ecstar / 1m 32.338s
- Dani Pedrosa / Repsol Honda / 1m 32.369s
- Franco Morbidelli / EG 0,0 Marc VDS / No Time
- Andrea Iannone / Suzuki Ecstar / 1m 32.566s
- Michele Pirro / Ducati Team / 1m 32.624s
- Alvaro Bautista / Angel Nieto Team / 1m 32.792s
- Aleix Espargaro / Factory Aprilia Gresini / 1m 33.084s
- Bradley Smith / Red Bull KTM Factory / 1m 33.085s
- Stefan Bradl / HRC Honda Team / 1m 33.361s
- Takaaki Nakagami / LCR Honda / 1m 33.437s
- Pol Espargaro / Red Bull KTM Factory / 1m 33.502s
- Scott Redding / Factory Aprilia Gresini / 1m 33.572s
- Xavier Simeon / Reale Avintia / 1m 33.705s
- Thomas Luthi / EG 0,0 Marc VDS / 1m 33.755s
- Karel Abraham / Angel Nieto Team / 1m 33.812s
- Hafizh Syahrin / Monster Yamaha Tech3 / 1m 34.080s
- Christophe Ponsson / Reale Avintia / 1m 37.180s
- source : MotoGP