- Boz Scaggs Premieres New Cover Version of Neil Young “On the Beach”
- American singer-songwriter Boz Scaggs dropped a new cover version of Neil Young “On the Beach”. The new version will appear on his upcoming album "Out of the Blues", which is out July 27, 2018.
“On the Beach” is title track of the same title album, which was released by Neil Young in 1974.
Boz Scaggs performed the song at the 2017 Neil Fest, where Norah Jones, Shakey Graves, Erika Wennerstrom of Heartless Bastards and among others performed Neil Young's songs.
Boz Scaggs said of the song at the 2017 Neil Fest;
“My son and some friends of his do these music productions, where they invite a number of different players and they do thematic concerts, and they had asked me to do a couple of their shows. They were doing Neil Young, and it had been my son’s and his partners’ suggestion that I do ‘On the Beach.’ In the course of preparing for the show, I tried on some other Neil Young songs, but they really thought that the minor blues idiom of ‘On the Beach’ would work for me, and they were right. The song just captivated me, and while it’s not a traditional blues form, it’s a blues song in spirit, and I thought it belonged on the album.”
- The new album is his first LP since 2015's "A Fool to Care" and combines original tunes “Rock and Stick” with takes on songs by other artists including Magic Sam and Jimmy Reed.
He is on tour in the U.S. throughout the fall. Learn more tour dates, click here.
"Out Of The Blues" Track List;
- "Rock and Stick"
- "I’ve Just Got to Forget You"
- "I’ve Just Got To Know"
- "Radiator 110"
- "Little Miss Night and Day"
- "On The Beach"
- "Down In Virginia"
- "Those Lies"
- "The Feeling Is Gone"
- source : JamBase