MotoGP Aragon: Fabio Quartararo Takes 10th MotoGP Pole in Aragon
- The Round 10 of MotoGP 2020, MotoGP Aragon ran qualifying at MotorLand on October 17th.
Unfortunately, Valentino Rossi (Monster Yamaha) withdrew this event due to positive for COVID-19 tested.
Championship leader Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha) claimed his 10th MotoGP pole with 1'47.076s after a heavy crash in FP3 left him with a hip injury.
Maverick Vinales (Monster Yamaha) took 2nd position behind Fabio Quartararo by 0.046s. Cal Crutchlow (LCR Honda) was 3rd, which is his first front row since last year's US GP.
Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha), Jack Miller (Pramac Ducati) and Joan Mir (Suzuki Ecstar) will start on second row tomorrow.
Previous event winner Danilo Petrucci (Ducati Team) and runner-up Alex Marquez (Repsol Honda) were 8th and 11th, respectively.
Championship 3rd standing, Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) could not advance to Q2 from Q1 and will start 13th.
Fabio Quartararo said, “I was sore on the right from yesterday, and now on the left from today. I'm not feeling great, but on the bike though it is not too bad. Normally the new tyres are good, but today we had a big drop in grip with the rear and that was really strange. The team will analyse this for sure and try to figure out why. I'm really happy though as all through FP4 I was feeling okay, I was able to do a long run and I have the pole position. Let's hope for a great race tomorrow; we still need to work on the pace, but we're not too far off what we want. I think starting later tomorrow is the correct thing to do because it is really cold in the morning, starting later is best for the safety of all riders. I think we can fight for the podium, but we need to see tomorrow what happens.”
Gran Premio Michelin® de Aragón Qualifying Results
- Fabio Quartararo / Petronas Yamaha / 1'47.076s
- Maverick Viñales / Monster Yamaha / +0.046s
- Cal Crutchlow / LCR Honda / +0.229s
- Franco Morbidelli / Petronas Yamaha / +0.241s
- Jack Miller / Pramac Ducati / +0.337s
- Joan Mir / Suzuki Ecstar / +0.603s
- Takaaki Nakagami / LCR Honda / +0.683s
- Danilo Petrucci / Ducati Team / +0.848s
- Aleix Espargaro / Aprilia Gresini / +0.912s
- Alex Rins / Suzuki Ecstar / +0.959s
- Alex Marquez / Repsol Honda / +1.113s
- Pol Espargaro / Red Bull KTM / +1.126s
- Andrea Dovizioso / Ducati Team / 1'47.752s
- Brad Binder / Red Bull KTM / 1'47.853s
- Iker Lecuona / Red Bull KTM Tech3 / 1'48.005s
- Johann Zarco / Reale Avintia / 1'48.068s
- Francesco Bagnaia / Pramac Ducati / 1'48.386s
- Miguel Oliveira POR / Bull KTM Tech3 / 1'48.431s
- Bradley Smith / Aprilia Gresini / 1'48.556s
- Tito Rabat / Reale Avintia / 1'48.558s
- Stefan Bradl / Repsol Honda / 1'49.166s
- source : MotoGP