pm studio world wide sports news
pm studio world wide sports news
news, tech, music, film, sports, cg, translation, photo uploader
- MotoGP Austria: Marc Marquez Takes Pole Position at Red Bull Ring
- The Round 11 on MotoGP 2018, eyetime Motorrad Grand Prix von Österreich ran Qualifying at the Red Bull Ring in Austria on August 11, 2018.
Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda) took his fourth pole position of the 2018, beating Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) by 0.002s.
Dovizioso's team-mate Jorge Lorenzo (Ducati Team) was 3rd with 1m 23.376s.
Yamaha riders Valentino Rossi (Movistar Yamaha) and Maverick Vinales (Movistar Yamaha) struggled to get bike's accelerationl of the bike.
Especially, Valentino Rossi failed to escape Q1 and will start at 14th position tomorrow. It is his worst since the 2016 Australian Grand Prix, when he was 15th. While, Maverick Vinales took 11th, 4th row standing.
Danilo Petrucci (Pramac Ducati) took fourth on the third Ducati GP18. Cal Crutchlow (LCR Honda) was best of the rest, nearly six tenths slower than Marquez in fifth.
Johann Zarco (Monster Yamaha Tech3) was sixth on the top of Yamaha.
Marc Marquez said;
"Of course it was a good day because in the dry, since I go out, I feel okay. I had a small problem on the [first] run, but I was able to find a good confidence with the bike and track.
We didn’t put a new tyre because it's our plan. I mean, the plan was to try the medium to see how it was on the last laps of the race. It was good, because I did a good lap time, even on the last section we tried something in the set-up that improved.
In the wet in the afternoon we were good. We just did a few laps to try the electronics, try the set-up.
But on Sunday it looks like it will be dry and I'm confident, but Ducati is strong. I mean you can see first, second and third Ducati. Especially Dovizioso is very, very strong."
Valentino Rossi said;
“During this weekend I was unlucky because the only dry session to get into Q2 was the Friday morning and I broke the bike after 3 laps, and on the other one I wasn’t strong enough. The other problem is that when we tried the soft tyre today I didn’t feel good. It doesn’t work well on our bike. I was able to improve my lap time but not a lot. I don’t feel comfortable and I didn’t get into Q2.
In FP4, I have to say, my pace was nothing fantastic but it was average. So, we need to work for the race pace tomorrow a little bit and, after that the problem is that we start from the fifth row. From back there, there will surely be some confusion, everybody going crazy, so we have to overtake at the right moment, then we’ll see…”
Red Bull Ring Grand Prix Qualifying Results
- Marc Marquez / Repsol Honda / 1m 23.241s
- Andrea Dovizioso / Ducati Team / 1m 23.243s
- Jorge Lorenzo / Ducati Team / 1m 23.376s
- Danilo Petrucci / Pramac Ducati / 1m 23.503s
- Cal Crutchlow / LCR Honda / 1m 23.812s
- Johann Zarco / Monster Yamaha Tech3 / 1m 23.887s
- Tito Rabat / Reale Avintia / 1m 23.922s
- Andrea Iannone / Suzuki Ecstar / 1m 24.091s
- Dani Pedrosa / Repsol Honda / 1m 24.124s
- Alex Rins / uzuki Ecstar / 1m 24.227s
- Maverick Viñales / Movistar Yamaha / 1m 24.284s
- Alvaro Bautista / Angel Nieto Team / 1m 24.342s
- Bradley Smith / Red Bull KTM Factory / 1m 24.245s
- Valentino Rossi / Movistar Yamaha / 1m 24.309s
- Aleix Espargaro / Factory Aprilia Gresini / 1m 24.762s
- Franco Morbidelli / EG 0,0 Marc VDS / 1m 24.767s
- Jack Miller / Pramac Ducati / 1m 24.805s
- Hafizh Syahrin / Monster Yamaha Tech3 / 1m 24.834s
- Xavier Simeon / Reale Avintia / 1m 24.868s
- Scott Redding / Factory Aprilia Gresini / 1m 25.067s
- Takaaki Nakagami / LCR Honda / 1m 25.178s
- Thomas Luthi / EG 0,0 Marc VDS / 1m 25.310s
- Karel Abraham / Angel Nieto Team / 1m 25.339s
All photos copyright by MotoGP.
- source : MotoGP
This Week Popular Post