MotoGP Doha: Fabio Quartararo Beats Pramac Ducati Pair To Win in Doha
- MotoGP Doha Grand Prix watched Fabio Quartararo (Monster Yamaha) claimed his first victory at Losail International Circuit since the 2020 Catalan GP.
He moved up from 9th to 3rd and battled with Pramac Ducati pair, who are Johann Zarco and Jorge Martin, for the top position. Finally he beat them to win. Johann Zarco took back-to-back podiums following the Qatar GP. Rookie Jorge Martin scored his maiden podium.
Alex Rins (Suzuki Ecstar) pushed Johann Zarco and Jorge Martin several times, but finished fourth. Last Sunday's race winner Maverick Vinales (Monster Yamaha) was fifth and Francesco Bagnaia (Ducati Team) was sixth, each.
Even though, reigning world champion Joan Mir (Suzuki Ecstar) made heavy contact with Jack Miller (Ducati Team) on the main straight at 200km/h moments on the final lap, he finished 7th.
The contact between Joan Mir and Jack Miller was investigated by Race Direction but deemed a racing incident.
Fabio Quartararo said, “In the test it was difficult and I say woah, because the Ducati are fast in the straight and in the pace and it would be difficult to beat them. But actually you need to look at yourself and try to be the best you can, and this is what we did today and it gave me a boost of confidence for the future. Honestly, I'm feeling so happy because it's true this track is helping us a lot to make some good overtakes like out of turn three.”
He continued, “I felt so good with the bike. Also turn 8, 9,10 and 15, so it is good that we have great confidence on the front, because all the other riders are riding so fast but sometimes you make an overtake and you don't know what is going to happen later. You know, you feel the front moving but that's something we didn't have last year. I was just going into the corner with no feeling and then just losing the front. But with this bike I felt like I have a little bit more confidence on the front and I feel much more the limit. In the end this is what I need to go fast. We have it now in Qatar and I'm crossing the finger to have it in all the races.”
TISSOT Grand Prix of Doha Race Results
- Fabio Quartararo / Monster Yamaha / 42m 23.997s
- Johann Zarco / Pramac Ducati / +1.457s
- Jorge Martin / Pramac Ducati / +1.500s
- Alex Rins / Suzuki Ecstar / +2.088s
- Maverick Vinales / Monster Yamaha / +2.110s
- Francesco Bagnaia / Ducati Team / +2.642s
- Joan Mir / Suzuki Ecstar / +4.868s
- Brad Binder / Red Bull KTM / +4.979s
- Jack Miller / Ducati Team / +5.365s
- Aleix Espargaro / Aprilia Gresini / +5.382s
- Enea Bastianini / Avintia Ducati / +5.550s
- Franco Morbidelli / Petronas Yamaha / +5.787s
- Pol Espargaro / Repsol Honda / +6.063s
- Stefan Bradl / Repsol Honda / +6.453s
- Miguel Oliveira / Red Bull KTM / +8.928s
- Valentino Rossi / Petronas Yamaha / +14.246s
- Takaaki Nakagami / LCR Honda / +16.241s
- Luca Marini / Sky VR46 Avintia Ducati / +16.472s
- Danilo Petrucci / KTM Tech3 / +16.779s
- Lorenzo Savadori / Aprilia Gresini / +38.775s
- source : MotoGP