MotoGP French: Marc Marquez Wins for Honda's 300th Victory at Le Mans
- SHARK Helmets Grand Prix witnessed reigning MotoGP champion Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda) claimed his third victory of the campaign at Le Mans and Honda’s 300th premier class victory.
Two Ducatis, Andrea Dovizioso and Danilo Petrucci took the second and third place respectively. For Danilo Petrucci, this marks his first podium of the 2019 season.
4th place was Jack Miller (Pramac Ducati), who battled with Marc Marquez for the top position at beginning of the race.
Valentino Rossi (Monster Yamaha) finished 5th place. He started at fifth position, then moved up 3rd, but he couldn't keep his pace. "I was not far; I was close to the Ducatis at the end of the race, but it was not enough," he said.
KTM's Pol Espargaro muscled his way into the top five at the start, and eventually secured sixth place.
Accident on the warm-up lap, Joan Mir (Suzuki Ecsta) crashed at the Dunlop chicane, with Karel Abraham (Avintia Ducati) simultaneously dropping his Avintia Ducati at the same corner. Both continued, but while Abraham was eventually black-flagged, Mir was last of the finishers in 16th.
Also, Maverick Viñales (Monster Yamaha) contacted with Francesco Bagnaia (Pramac Ducati) at turn 12 on the 6th lap and crashed out.
Marc Marquez said, “Yeah of course it’s an amazing day for our family. I’m happier for my brother than for me because my brother was one year and a half without finishing at the top and he was pushing a lot, never gave up and in Jerez he had a big chance and he wasn’t able (to).
Today he did a very good race so yeah, I’m happy for him and of course happy for my race and happy with all the job Repsol Honda Team did because it was a tough track for us, tough conditions because normally in cold conditions we struggle. We used the soft front tyre, that we never use, and it was the best strategy.”
SHARK Helmets Grand Prix de France Race Results
- Marc Marquez / Repsol Honda / 41m 53.647s
- Andrea Dovizioso / Ducati Team / 41m 55.631s
- Danilo Petrucci / Ducati Team / 41m 55.789s
- Jack Miller / Pramac Ducati / 41m 56.587s
- Valentino Rossi / Monster Yamaha / 41m 56.700s
- Pol Espargaro / Red Bull KTM Factory / 41m 59.582s
- Franco Morbidelli / Petronas Yamaha SRT / 42m 0.834s
- Fabio Quartararo / Petronas Yamaha SRT / 42m 2.086s
- Cal Crutchlow / LCR Honda / 42m 3.500s
- Alex Rins / Suzuki Ecsta / 42m 7.356s
- Jorge Lorenzo / Repsol Honda / 42m 8.650s
- Aleix Espargaro / Factory Aprilia Gresini / 42m 23.159s
- Johann Zarco / Red Bull KTM Factory / 42m 26.708s
- Hafizh Syahrin / Red Bull KTM Tech3 / 42m 29.128s
- Miguel Oliveira / Red Bull KTM Tech3 / 42m 29.691s
- Joan Mir / Suzuki Ecstar / +1 lap
- source : MotoGP