MotoGP Valencia: Jorge Martin Takes Pole Position at Circuit Ricardo Tormo
- The Round 20 of MotoGP 2022, Gran Premio Motul de la Comunitat Valenciana took place at the Circuit Ricardo Tormo in Spain on November 5, 2022.
Jorge Martin (Pramac Ducati) took his third consecutive pole position with a 1m29.621s, following Malaysian GP and Australian GP.
Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda) was 2nd and Jack Miller (Ducati Lenovo) was third, they will start on the front row.
Fabio Quartararo (Monster Yamaha) finished 4th. If he is to retain his crown, he has to win the race and Francesco Bagnaia (Ducati Lenovo) is no higher than 15th.
While, World Championship leader Francesco Bagnaia was 8th with 1m30.049s. But if he finishes the race in 14th tomorrow, he will take his first World Title.
Alex Rins (Suzuki Ecstar) and Maverick Vinales (Aprilia Racing) advanced to Q2 from Q1, finished 5th and 6th respectively ahead of Brad Binder (Red Bull KTM).
Johann Zarco (Pramac Ducati) was left in ninth after his late tumble, while Aleix Espargaro (Aprilia Racing) rounded out the top 10.
Jorge Martin said, “I'm super happy with today's pole position. Doing it here and Valencia is very special because we have all the fans and it's always nice to end the season like this. It was difficult, I think it was the hardest of the season because this morning I felt really bad, so I wasn't expecting to be in pole position. I was sure to fight for her and I did. I was happier with the pace than with the attack on the clock, but I ended up getting a really good lap: 1:29.6s is very fast. I thought I had a chance to improve a little in the second stint, but I lost the rear two or three times, so I couldn't. But I'm very happy and prepared for tomorrow.”
Francesco Bagnaia said, “We are struggling a bit. Me and two or three others with Ducati bikes are having the same issues. My goal is not to win. Tomorrow I have to stay calm and understand what's going on. I will take risks at the beginning. But then I will have to be intelligent. I will just try not to be outside the top 14.”
Fabio Quartararo said, “I am quite happy with my position. I'm not thinking about that, I am thinking about winning. If I win the race, maybe something will happen but my main objective for tomorrow will be to fight for victory. It's the only thing I can control.”
Gran Premio Motul de la Comunitat Valenciana Qualifying Results
- Jorge Martin / Pramac Ducati / 1'29.621s
- Marc Marquez / Repsol Honda / +0.205s
- Jack Miller / Ducati Lenovo / +0.213s
- Fabio Quartararo / Monster Yamaha / +0.279s
- Alex Rins / Suzuki Ecstar / +0.319s
- Maverick Viñales / Aprilia Racing / +0.334s
- Brad Binder / Red Bull KTM / +0.418s
- Francesco Bagnaia / Ducati Lenovo / +0.428s
- Johann Zarco / Pramac Ducati / +0.481s
- Aleix Espargaro / Aprilia Racing / +0.503s
- Luca Marini / Mooney VR46 Ducati / +0.522s
- Joan Mir / Suzuki Ecstar / +0.620s
- Enea Bastianini / Gresini Ducati / 1'30.193s
- Miguel Oliveira / Red Bull KTM / 1'30.236s
- Alex Marquez / LCR Honda / 1'30.453s
- Franco Morbidelli / Monster Yamaha / 1'30.504s
- Cal Crutchlow / WithU Yamaha RNF / 1'30.548s
- Marco Bezzecchi / Mooney VR46 Ducati / 1'30.588s
- Fabio Di Giannantonio / Gresini Ducati / 1'30.695s
- Remy Gardner / KTM Tech3 / 1'30.804s
- Takaaki Nakagami / LCR Honda / 1'30.83s
- Pol Espargaro / Repsol Honda / 1'30.936s
- Raul Fernandez / KTM Tech3 / 1'31.676s
- Darryn Binder / WithU Yamaha RNF / 1'31.989s
Photo by MotoGP
- source : MotoGP