MotoGP Dutch: Francesco Bagnaia Takes Back-To-Back Pole Positions at TT Assen with New Lap Record
- The Round 11 of MotoGP 2022, Motul TT Assen took place at TT Circuit Assen in Netherlands on June 25, 2022.
Pol Espargaro (Repsol Honda) has withdrawn from the Dutch GP due to injury.
Francesco Bagnaia (Ducati Lenovo) took back-to-back pole positions with a new lap record 1'31.504s for the Motul TT Assen, following German GP.
This marks his the fourth time pole this season and the 10th time in MotoGP.
Championship leader Fabio Quartararo (Monster Yamaha) qualified second and Jorge Martin (Pramac Ducati) was 3rd on the front row.
Aleix Espargaro (Aprilia Racing) was 5th due to a yellow flag when Jack Miller (Ducati Lenovo) crashed at Turn 5, with the latter slotting into sixth.
But Jack Miller would later be handed a Long Lap Penalty for riding slow on the race line after Maverick Vinales (Aprilia Racing) almost ran into him on the back straight between Turn 5 and Turn 6 on his last lap.
Johann Zarco (Pramac Ducati) took 7th and will be joined on third row by Miguel Oliveira (Red Bull KTM) and Alex Rins (Suzuki Ecstar). Brad Binder (Red Bull KTM), who adavamced to Q2 from Q1 along with his team-mate Miguel Oliveira, would eventually claim 10th on the grid.
Francesco Bagnaia said, “I think it's more difficult on this track to open a gap, but we have demonstrated we can be so competitive in the first laps, Fabio too. More than this [lap time] was impossible for me. That's why I stopped in the box," added the Italian. "I said [to himself[ 'if someone overtook [me] then this is okay'. But I'm very happy with this qualifying. This morning I was struggling a lot to be competitive, but thanks to my team we did a good job. In FP4 we found a way to work and it has helped me a lot with race tyres. On the time attacks we are always so competitive.”
MOTUL TT ASSEN Qualifying Results
- Francesco Bagnaia / Ducati Lenovo / 1'31.504s
- Fabio Quartararo / Monster Yamaha / +0.116s
- Jorge Martin / Pramac Ducati / +0.204s
- Marco Bezzecchi / Mooney VR46 Ducati / +0.292s
- Aleix Espargaro / Aprilia Racing / +0.364s
- Jack Miller / Ducati Lenovo / +0.620s
- Johann Zarco / Pramac Ducati / +0.671s
- Miguel Oliveira / Red Bull KTM / +0.768s
- Alex Rins / Suzuki Ecstar / +0.803s
- Brad Binder / Red Bull KTM / +0.863s
- Maverick Viñales / Aprilia Racing / +0.920s
- Takaaki Nakagami / LCR Honda / +1.463s
- Luca Marini / Mooney VR46 Ducati / 1'32.787s
- Joan Mir / Suzuki Ecstar / 1'32.898s
- Fabio Di Giannantonio / Gresini Ducati / 1'32.912s
- Enea Bastianini / Gresini Ducati / 1'33.005s
- Andrea Dovizioso / WithU Yamaha RNF / 1'33.009s
- Stefan Bradl / Repsol Honda / 1'33.029s
- Remy Gardner / KTM Tech3 / 1'33.093s
- Franco Morbidelli / Monster Yamaha / 1'33.096s
- Alex Marquez / LCR Honda / 1'33.113s
- Lorenzo Savadori / Aprilia Racing / 1'33.467s
- Raul Fernandez / KTM Tech3 / 1'33.652s
- Darryn Binder / WithU Yamaha / 1'33.998s
Photo by MotoGP™
- source : MotoGP