- MotoGP Le Mans: Marc Marquez Wins as Andrea Dovizioso and Johann Zarco Crash Out
- HJC Helmets Grand Prix de France witnessed Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda) claimed consecutive victories following Spain GP at Le Mans in France on May 20, 2018. This marks the reigning World Champion equal Casey Stoner’s 38 premier class wins.
Danilo Petrucci (Pramac Ducati) finished 2nd place behind Marquez by a margin of 2.310 seconds. Valentino Rossi (Movistar Yamaha) stood podium since the Round 1 Qatar GP.
Jorge Lorenzo (Ducati Team) led the first half of the race, but he finished 6th place.
Pole sitter Johann Zarco (Monster Yamaha Tech3) and Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) crashed out on 8 raps and 4 raps, respectively.
The other riders to crash were Andrea Iannone (Suzuki Ecstar) Scott Redding (Aprilia), Tito Rabat (Avintia Ducati) and Alvaro Bautista (Aspar Ducati).
Cal Crutchlow (LCR Honda) came back from his crash (yesterday), but he was 8th.
After the race, winner Marc Marquez said;
“The first move was on the tyre choice, I was the only rider with hard rear, this morning I feel really good and this was key for the race, I was able to keep a constant pace. Then we started the race, I knew the first two laps I would struggle because it takes time to get the correct temperature.
Then everything becomes more difficult, Johann overtook me on the third corner, I was wide then Iannone overtook me, then he crashed on Turn 5, I nearly hit him, two riders overtook me and then I say ok, cool down a little bit.
And then I was pushing hard, trying to get the correct temperature in the tyres. I was looking at Dovi, because he had the best pace all weekend, he crashed and then my approach to the race changed a little bit,” expressed the Repsol Honda rider. “Then I was more clam, I took my time, because I saw that the front tyre was so critical.
Yeah in Turn 3 I had a moment like I did in FP3, I crashed there, and this crash helped me to save (this one) in the race, because when I crash in Turn 3, since that moment during the race I was always careful there. My elbow was so stiff, it was like a stick and then yeah when I lost the front I just put the elbow (down) and I picked up the bike.”
HJC Helmets Grand Prix Race Results
- Marc Marquez / Repsol Honda / 41m 49.773s
- Danilo Petrucci / Pramac Ducati / 41m 52.083s
- Valentino Rossi / Movistar Yamaha / 41m 55.123s
- Jack Miller / Pramac Ducati / 41m 56.087s
- Dani Pedrosa / Repsol Honda / 41m 57.192s
- Jorge Lorenzo / Ducati Team / 42m 0.128s
- Maverick Viñales / Movistar Yamaha / 42m 13.531s
- Cal Crutchlow GBR / Honda / 42m 15.568s
- Aleix Espargaro / Factory Aprilia Gresini / 42m 15.979s
- Alex Rins / Suzuki Ecstar / 42m 17.710s
- Pol Espargaro / Red Bull KTM Factory / 42m 22.077s
- Hafizh Syahrin / Monster Yamaha Tech3 / 42m 24.735s
- Franco Morbidelli / EG 0,0 Marc VD / 42m 27.654s
- Bradley Smith / Red Bull KTM Factory / 42m 28.072s
- Takaaki Nakagami / LCR Honda / 42m 31.759s
- Thomas Luthi / EG 0,0 Marc VDS / 42m 35.033s
- Karel Abraham / Angel Nieto Team / 42m 46.645s
- Xavier Simeon / Reale Avintia / 43m 1.890s
All photos copyright by MotoGP.
- source : MotoGP