- Ry Cooder Premieres New Song “Shrinking Man”
- American slide guitarist Ry Cooder has delivered a new song "Shrinking Man". The song is the first single off of his forthcoming solo album "Shrinking Man", which is set to be released on May 11, 2018.
The song is an uptempo blues shuffle featuring scratchy bottleneck guitar work.
The new album comprises 11-track including three his originals and covers of his favorite spirituals from the past century. It is his first LP in six years since "Election Special".
He embarks tour of North America in support of the new album at SF Jazz Center in San Francisco on May 4, 2018.
Learn more about tour dates, click here.
About the new album, he said in a press release;
"I do connect the political/economic dimensions with the inner life of people, since people are at risk and oppressed on all sides in our world today. There's some kind of reverence mood that takes hold when you play and sing these songs. 'Reverence' is a word I heard my granddaughter's nursery school teacher use, a Kashmiri woman. She said, 'We don't want to teach religion, but instill reverence.' I thought that was a good word for the feeling of this music."
- “Shrinking Man” Track List:
- "Straight Street"
- "Shrinking Man"
- "Everybody Ought to Treat a Stranger Right"
- "The Prodigal Son"
- "Nobody’s Fault But Mine"
- "You Must Unload"
- " I'll Be Rested When the Roll Is Called"
- "Harbor of Love"
- "Jesus and Woody"
- "In His Care"
- source : Los Angeles Times