MotoGP Argentina: Marc Marquez Takes fifth Argentina MotoGP Pole Position
- The Round 2 on MotoGP 2019, Argentina Grand Prix ran Qualifying at Termas de Río Hondo on March 30, 2019.
Reigning champion Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda) took pole position despite suffering a rare mechanical failure after topping the pre-qualifying FP4 session.
This marks his fifth pole position in Argentina.
The second position was Maverick Vinales (Monster Yamaha) behind Marquez by 0.154s.
Previous race winner Andrea Dovizioso (Mission Winnow Ducati) took the third position with 1m 38.468s.
On the second row starting members, who were Valentino Rossi (Monster Yamaha) as 4th, Jack Miller (Pramac Ducati) as 6th and Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT) as 7th.
Marc Marquez said, "Of course if tomorrow it rains it will be a question mark for everybody, because nobody rides in the rain yet. We hope that if it's a wet race, we can have the warm-up in the wet to try a few things and find the grip limit of the track.
It has been a very good weekend but of course tomorrow is the most important. Today in FP3 I felt really strong, then FP4 we had a small issue [with the chain], then all the team reacted really good and prepared the other bike."
He continued, "In qualifying I tried to push because I knew the other riders would be close because in one lap I'm struggling a little bit more than the race pace, because the set-up of the bike is completely different.
But on the race pace I feel strong. The gap was bigger yesterday because the grip was less and then I feel like it's easier to ride but apart from that the pace was good. This is the most important and, tomorrow, let's wait and see about the weather."
Gran Premio Motul de la República Argentina Grand Prix Qualifying Results
- Marc Marquez / Repsol Honda / 1m 38.304s
- Maverick Vinales / Monster Yamaha / 1m 38.458s
- Andrea Dovizioso / Mission Winnow Ducati / 1m 38.468s
- Valentino Rossi / Monster Yamaha / 1m 38.545s
- Jack Miller / Pramac Ducati / 1m 38.548s
- Franco Morbidelli / Petronas Yamaha SRT / 1m 38.886s
- Fabio Quartararo / Petronas Yamaha SRT / 1m 38.897s
- Cal Crutchlow GBR / Honda / 1m 38.955s
- Takaaki Nakagami / LCR Honda / 1m 39.038s
- Danilo Petrucci / Mission Winnow Ducati / 1m 39.093s
- Pol Espargaro / Red Bull KTM Factory / 1m 39.489s
- Jorge Lorenzo / Repsol Honda / 1m 39.520s
- Aleix Espargaro / Factory Aprilia Gresini / 1m 39.288s
- Miguel Oliveira / Red Bull KTM Tech3 / 1m 39.298s
- Karel Abraham / Reale Avintia Ducati / 1m 39.331s
- Alex Rins / Suzuki Ecstar / 1m 39.384s
- Francesco Bagnaia / Pramac Ducati / 1m 39.387s
- Johann Zarco / Red Bull KTM Factory / 1m 39.571s
- Joan Mir SPA / Ecstar / 1m 39.605s
- Tito Rabat / Reale Avintia Ducati / 1m 39.978s
- Hafizh Syahrin / Red Bull KTM Tech3 / 1m 40.053s
- Andrea Iannone / Factory Aprilia Gresini / 1m 40.118s
- source : MotoGP