MotoGP Americas: Jorge Martin Takes Pole Position as Ducati Dominates in Austin
- The Round 4 of MotoGP 2022, Red Bull Grand Prix of The Americas took place at the Circuit of the Americas in Austin on April 9, 2022.
Jorge Martin (Pramac Ducati) advanced to Q2 from Q1 and claimed his second pole position of 2022 with 2'2.039s.
Jack Miller (Ducati Lenovo) was 2nd and his team-mate Francesco Bagnaia (Ducati Lenovo) was 3rd.
Johann Zarco (Pramac Ducati) and Enea Bastianini (Gresini Ducati) were 4th and 5th, respectively.
The top five on the grid in Austin, for the first time since 2003, are all riding for the same manufacturer.
Following Ducatis, Fabio Quartararo (Monster Yamaha) was 6th. Alex Rins (Suzuki Ecstar) and Joan Mir (Suzuki Ecstar) finished 7th and 8th, each.
The previous Argentina GP winner and current World Championship leader, Aleix Espargaro (Aprilia Racing) couldn't advance to Q1 and will start at 13th tomorrow.
Indonesian GP winner Also Miguel Oliveira (Red Bull KTM) finished 20th.
Jorge Martin said, “After the crash in FP3 I was in 17th and couldn't wait to be here today in pole position. But thanks to the team because they did a fantastic job to get the bike back on track. I'm super happy, pole position means a lot. We are fast. Riding here at COTA is unbelievably fun, I really enjoy my time here.”
Red Bull Grand Prix of The Americas Qualifying Results
- Jorge Martin / Pramac Ducati / 2'2.039s
- Jack Miller / Ducati Lenovo / +0.003s
- Francesco Bagnaia / Ducati Lenovo / +0.128s
- Johann Zarco / Pramac Ducati / +0.531s
- Enea Bastianini / Gresini Ducati / +0.539s
- Fabio Quartararo / Monster Yamaha / +0.595s
- Alex Rins / Suzuki Ecstar / +0.655s
- Joan Mir / Suzuki Ecstar / +0.908s
- Marc Marquez / Repsol Honda / +0.999s
- Takaaki Nakagami / LCR Honda / +1.015s
- Luca Marini / Mooney VR46 Ducati / +1.020s
- Pol Espargaro / Repsol Honda / +1.057s
- Aleix Espargaro / Aprilia Racing / 2'2.922s
- Maverick Viñales / Aprilia Racing / 2'3.121s
- Andrea Dovizioso / WithU Yamaha RNF / 2'3.133s
- Marco Bezzecchi / Mooney VR46 Ducati / 2'3.328s
- Brad Binder / Red Bull KTM / 2'3.467s
- Fabio Di Giannantonio / Gresini Ducati / 2'3.576s
- Franco Morbidelli / Monster Yamaha / 2'3.579s
- Miguel Oliveira / Red Bull KTM / 2'3.983s
- Raul Fernandez / KTM Tech3 / 2'4.140s
- Remy Gardner / KTM Tech3 / 2'4.185s
- Alex Marquez / LCR Honda / 2'4.229s
- Darryn Binder / WithU Yamaha RNF / 2'4.646s
Photo by MotoGP
- source : MotoGP