MotoGP Italian: Marc Marquez Beats Fabio Quartararo to Pole Position at Mugello
- The Round 6 on MotoGP 2019, Gran Premio d'Italia Oakley Grand Prix ran Qualifying at Autodromo Internazionale del Mugello on June 1, 2019.
Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda) beat Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha SRT) to take his fourth pole position of 2019.
Fabio Quartararo was 2nd place behind Marc Marquez by just 0.214s at the end of a qualifying session, it is his second front row starting of this season. Danilo Petrucci (Mission Winnow Ducati) finished 3rd position.
Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT), Jack Miller (Pramac Ducati) and Cal Crutchlow (LCR Honda) will start on the second row of the grid.
Local hero 9-time World Champion Valentino Rossi (Monster Yamaha) could not advance to Qualifying 2 and will start at 18th position tomorrow.
"It was a difficult day, I expected to be more competitive, but already from this morning I wasn't very fast," said Valentino Rossi, "I wasn't able to ride in a very good way and I am slower than last year. We are all very close and for this reason my position is very bad. Today we suffered, so tomorrow we will try to change something."
Marc Marquez said "Now I'm comfortable. We know there are a few riders faster than us, but we can be there. The Mugello layout has all our weakest points. And not only for our bike, but also for my riding style, Mugello is my worst circuit. To me, the biggest surprise at the moment is Dovi, because normally Dovi is very fast here. But tomorrow in the race I believe that he can be on the podium, it will not be very difficult.
Quartararo and especially the Yamaha riders have a very good pace, the Ducati riders have a good pace also, but we are all very close so we will see. It looks like we are suffering a little bit more than the other circuits, but the main opponents for the championship are also not so good. So it's a time to take points, time to breathe and time to think about the championship."
Gran Premio d'Italia Oakley Qualifying Results
- Marc Marquez / Repsol Honda / 1m 45.519s
- Fabio Quartararo / Petronas Yamaha SRT / 1m 45.733s
- Danilo Petrucci / Mission Winnow Ducati / 1m 45.881s
- Franco Morbidelli / Petronas Yamaha SRT / 1m 45.959s
- Jack Miller / Pramac Ducati / 1m 46.029s
- Cal Crutchlow / LCR Honda / 1m 46.079s
- Maverick Viñales / Monster Yamaha / 1m 46.181s
- Francesco Bagnaia / Pramac Ducati / 1m 46.260s
- Andrea Dovizioso / Mission Winnow Ducati / 1m 46.293s
- Takaaki Nakagami / LCR Honda / 1m 46.387s
- Pol Espargaro / Red Bull KTM Factory / 1m 46.433s
- Michele Pirro / Mission Winnow Ducati / 1m 46.638s
- Alex Rins / Suzuki Ecstar / 1m 46.539s
- Tito Rabat / Reale Avintia Ducati / 1m 46.678s
- Aleix Espargaro / Factory Aprilia Gresini / 1m 46.899s
- Karel Abraham / Reale Avintia Ducati / 1m 47.028s
- Jorge Lorenzo / Repsol Honda / 1m 47.135s
- Valentino Rossi / Monster Yamaha / 1m 47.184s
- Johann Zarco / Red Bull KTM Factory / 1m 47.394s
- Joan Mir / Suzuki Ecstar / 1m 47.519s
- Hafizh Syahrin / Red Bull KTM Tech3 / 1m 48.222s
- Miguel Oliveira / Red Bull KTM Tech3 / 1m 48.235s
- Andrea Iannone / Factory Aprilia Gresini / 1m 48.303s
- source : MotoGP