MotoGP Portuguese: Johann Zarco Takes Pole Position in Crash-Hit Qualifying
- The Round 5 of MotoGP 2022, Grande Prémio Tissot de Portuga took place at Algarve International Circuit in Portugal on April 23, 2022.
Johann Zarco (Pramac Ducati) took his first pole position with 1'42.003s since the 2021 German GP. This marks his second front row start in 2022, following Indonesian GP.
Joan Mir (Suzuki Ecstar) was 2nd behind Johann Zarco by 0.195s. It is his best result in the 2022 Qualifying.
Aleix Espargaro (Aprilia Racing) was 3rd, which is his second front row start, following Argentine GP.
Marc Marquez (LCR Honda) marked a session-topping lap of 1'42.295s, but his top time was deleted under yellow flags, when Pol Espargaro (LCR Honda) crashed at Turn 15.
As well, Fabio Quartararo (Monster Yamaha) had a front row lap cancelled because of yellow flags ahead of Marco Bezzecchi (Mooney VR46 Ducati).
Local hero and the 2020 Portuguese GP winner, Miguel Oliveira (Red Bull KTM) was 11th.
Johann Zarco said, “I wasn't expecting such a good lap. The conditions were difficult with the puddles and we were asking ourselves which tyres to use during the last practice session. We were finally able to use the dry tyres for the qualifying and that worked really well.”
Grande Prémio Tissot de Portugal Qualifying Results
- Johann Zarco / Pramac Ducati / 1'42.003s
- Joan Mir / Suzuki Ecstar / +0.195s
- Aleix Espargaro / Aprilia Racing / +0.232s
- Jack Miller / Ducati Lenovo / +0.500s
- Fabio Quartararo / Monster Yamaha / +0.713s
- Marco Bezzecchi / Mooney VR46 Ducati / +0.713s
- Alex Marquez / LCR Honda / +0.900s
- Luca Marini / Mooney VR46 Ducati / +1.176s
- Marc Marquez / Repsol Honda / +1.572s
- Pol Espargaro / Repsol Honda / +1.829s
- Miguel Oliveira / Red Bull KTM / +2.063s
- Brad Binder / Red Bull KTM / +2.707s
- Jorge Martin / Pramac Ducati / 1'47.936s
- Maverick Viñales / Aprilia Racing / 1'49.332s
- Fabio Di Giannantonio / Gresini Ducati / 1'49.639s
- Andrea Dovizioso / WithU Yamaha RNF / 1'49.695s
- Takaaki Nakagami / LCR Honda / 1'49.889s
- Enea Bastianini / Gresini Ducati / 1'50.618s
- Franco Morbidelli / Monster Yamaha / 1'50.702s
- Remy Gardner / KTM Tech3 / 1'50.953s
- Lorenzo Savadori / Aprilia Racing / 1'51.308s
- Darryn Binder / WithU Yamaha RNF / 1'51.639s
- Alex Rins / Suzuki Ecstar / 1'52.3s
- Raul Fernandez / KTM Tech3 / 1'53.603s
- Francesco Bagnaia / Ducati Lenovo / No Time
Photo by MotoGP
- source : MotoGP