MotoGP Jerez: Marc Marquez Wins Home MotoGP Race in Spain
- Reigning MotoGP champion Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda) dominated the Spanish Grand Prix at Jerez.
Marc Marquez started third on the grid, took the lead at the start and led until the finishing line in Jerez.
"I am feeling really good, riding how I want," said the 26-year-old. "We were disappointed in Austin but we must enjoy this race. I was convinced before the race that I was able to win. Ok, we started on the second row but anyway today I was clever. I pushed...here the race is very long and you must manage many things.”
Alex Rins (Suzuki Ecstar), who won the last race in the United States, was second with fellow Spaniard Maverick Vinales (Monster Yamaha) in third.
Pole sitter Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha SRT) struggled a mechanical issue and retired out of second place in lap 13.
His team-mate Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT), who started at the 2nd position, finished 7th.
Fabio Quartararo said, "When I saw that I can't shift, I knew it was over. I was stuck in 3rd gear. So I came into pit lane. There was nothing else to do."
This time, Stefan Bradl (Honda) joined in the race as a wildcard and finished 10th, it's better than regular Honda rider Jorge Lorenzo (Repsol Honda), who was 12th.
This result marks Marc Marquez moved to the top of this year's championship standings. With two back-to-back podiums, Alex Rins now sits in second place with 69 points, just one point behind Marc Marquez. Andrea Dovizioso (Mission Winnow Ducati) is third with 67 points, making for a tight affair.
Gran Premio Red Bull de España Grand Prix Race Results
- Marc Marquez / Repsol Honda / 41m 8.685s
- Alex Rins / Suzuki Ecstar / 41m 10.339s
- Maverick Viñales / Monster Yamaha / 41m 11.128s
- Andrea Dovizioso / Mission Winnow Ducati / 41m 11.489s
- Danilo Petrucci / Mission Winnow Ducati / 41m 13.433s
- Valentino Rossi / Monster Yamaha / 41m 16.232s
- Franco Morbidelli / Petronas Yamaha SRT / 41m 16.913s
- Cal Crutchlow / LCR Honda / 41m 18.737s
- Takaaki Nakagami / LCR Honda / 41m 18.959s
- Stefan Bradl / HRC / 41m 22.087s
- Aleix Espargaro / Factory Aprilia Gresini / 41m 24.116s
- Jorge Lorenzo / Repsol Honda / 41m 27.158s
- Pol Espargaro / Red Bull KTM Factory / 41m 28.841s
- Johann Zarco / Red Bull KTM Factory / 41m 35.391s
- Tito Rabat / Reale Avintia Ducati / 41m 37.198s
- Karel Abraham / Reale Avintia Ducati / 41m 45.543s
- Bradley Smith / Factory Aprilia Gresini / 41m 50.075s
- Miguel Oliveira / Red Bull KTM Tech3 / 41m 50.255s
- Hafizh Syahrin / Red Bull KTM Tech3 / 41m 59.253s
- source : MotoGP