pm studio world wide sports news
pm studio world wide sports news
news, tech, music, film, sports, cg, translation, photo uploader
MotoGP Czech: Andrea Dovizioso takes his long-awaited second victory at Automotodrom Brno
- The Round 10 on MotoGP 2018, Monster Energy Grand Prix Czech Republic took place at Automotodrom Brno on August 5, 2018.
Pole sitter Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) claimed his long-awaited second victory of the 2018 since Qatar GP. Andrea Dovizioso celebrated his 100th race for Ducati with the win.
His team-mate Jorge Lorenzo (Ducati Team) was 2nd place behind Dovizioso by 0.178s.
3rd place was Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda) with 0.546s gap from Dovizioso. This marks Marc Marquez completed the podium on his 100th MotoGP start.
Andrea Dovizioso, Jorge Lorenzo, Marc Marquez and Valentino Rossi (Movistar Yamaha), four riders competed from starting the race.
2nd position start, Valentino Rossi moved to top on lap 7 and led the race until 10 lap. But he struggled tyres problem and moved down his position, finally he finished 4th.
Cal Crutchlow (LCR Honda) he moved up to 4th from six and battled with Valentino Rossi. But on fianal lap, he was overtaken by Rossi and took the 5th place. Danilo Petrucci (Pramac Ducati) completed the top six on the best of the Pramac Ducatis
Johann Zarco (Tech3 Yamaha), Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda), Alvaro Bautista (Nieto Ducati) and Andrea Iannone (Suzuki Ecstar) completed the top 10.
- The interview after the race and Qualifying video:
Andrea Dovizioso said after the race;
“I’m so happy. At this track we have an advantage in acceleration and that gave us the possibility to fight until the end with Marc, who had a better pace in practice. I had a good strategy because everyone is struggling with the rear tyre and I’m really happy with the way we’ve worked.
It was really difficult. When you see on the pitboard ‘Group of 3’ and ‘Jorge and Marc’, it’s not good! I’m happy with the way I managed that, also because we were fighting with the grip. So, it wasn’t just about speed, but speed and the sliding.
If you study every weekend you can easily that our bike is better than last year. The point is that we have done three zeros so in the championship and that is very bad.
In all these three of those races we were fighting for the podium so we lost a lot of points.
I was feeling better and I was able to fight in a better way. I am not 100% happy, I think we still have to prepare the tyre in a better way but overall our bike is good.
I believe what we changed during this weekend will effect a little bit the second part of the championship. Our bike at this track is better because we have stronger acceleration that gives us the possibility to save the tyre and be fast."
Jorge Lorenzo said;
“I decided before the race to try a different strategy this time to save the tyres because, if not, I wouldn’t have finished the race. Especially on the front. I had a lot of graining on the right side of the tyre, so I needed to change my riding style completely, lean a bit less and to wait for my moment, from the middle of the race until the end – and it worked. I didn’t make a good start so I said ‘I’m 3rd or 4th, so it makes sense to wait a little bit and see what happens.’ So, I saved energy, I saved tyres and finally it paid off because I was really competitive at the end of the race, especially on braking.
Marc and Andrea on the last laps started to brake earlier and earlier, so I recovered a lot in braking but on acceleration I used just a little bit, so I arrived too late for them. It was a great battle but I think I just needed one more lap. When I overtook Marc, I just needed one more lap to catch Andrea for the last overtake for the win…I think, in terms of speed, especially at the end of the race, I was probably a tenth faster but it wasn’t enough because I was fifth or fourth, third then in the last two laps I was second, so I just needed one more lap!”
Marc Marquez said;
“The race in the beginning was slow, and everybody was trying to save tyres. The track grip was not perfect at the beginning but, step by step, I got better and better and I got the confidence. I was following Dovi with good pace, I was comfortable. But when Jorge arrived, we started to fight and in that fight it was quite difficult for me for this reason: Ducati riders have very strong acceleration.
I was ready to fight but, honestly, fighting against Ducati is so difficult. They have incredible acceleration, incredible braking stability, so it’s so difficult to overtake them. In end, we finished 3rd. We finished really close. We tried. But I’m really happy because we did a great job. We increased the lead in the championship.”
Automotodrom Brno Grand Prix Race Results
- Andrea Dovizioso / Ducati Team / 41m 7.728s
- Jorge Lorenzo / Ducati Team / 41m 7.906s
- Marc Marquez / Repsol Honda / 41m 8.096s
- Valentino Rossi / Movistar Yamaha / 41m 10.630s
- Cal Crutchlow / LCR Honda / 41m 10.686s
- Danilo Petrucci / Pramac Ducati / 41m 11.496s
- Johann Zarco / Monster Yamaha Tech3 / 41m 13.887s
- Dani Pedrosa / Repsol Honda / 41m 15.207s
- Alvaro Bautista / Angel Nieto Team / 41m 15.303s
- Andrea Iannone / Suzuki Ecstar / 41m 16.054s
- Alex Rins / Suzuki Ecstar / 41m 16.381s
- Jack Miller / Pramac Ducati / 41m 24.277s
- Franco Morbidelli / EG 0,0 Marc VDS / 41m 27.331s
- Hafizh Syahrin / Monster Yamaha Tech3 / 41m 29.109s
- Aleix Espargaro / Factory Aprilia Gresini / 41m 30.887s
- Thomas Luthi / EG 0,0 Marc VDS / 41m 35.401s
- Takaaki Nakagami / LCR Honda / 41m 36.039s
- Karel Abraham / Angel Nieto Team / 41m 48.900s
- Sylvain Guintoli / Suzuki Ecstar / 41m 50.139s
- Xavier Simeon / Reale Avintia / 41m 58.669s
Automotodrom Brno Grand Prix Qualifying Results
- Andrea Dovizioso / Ducati Team / 1m 54.689s
- Valentino Rossi / Movistar Yamaha / 1m 54.956s
- Marc Marquez / Repsol Honda / 1m 54.961s
- Jorge Lorenzo / Ducati Team / 1m 55.038s
- Cal Crutchlow / LCR Honda / 1m 55.055s
- Danilo Petrucci / Pramac Ducati / 1m 55.203s
- Johann Zarco / Monster Yamaha Tech3 / 1m 55.221s
- Andrea Iannone / Suzuki Ecstar / 1m 55.270s
- Alex Rins / Suzuki Ecstar / 1m 55.431s
- Dani Pedrosa / Repsol Honda / 1m 55.474s
- Tito Rabat / Reale Avintia / 1m 55.686s
- Maverick Vinales / Movistar Yamaha / 1m 55.823s
- Franco Morbidelli / EG 0,0 Marc VDS / 1m 56.029s
- Alvaro Bautista / Angel Nieto Team / 1m 56.031s
- Bradley Smith / Red Bull KTM Factory / 1m 56.218s
- Hafizh Syahrin / Monster Yamaha Tech3 / 1m 56.285s
- Jack Miller / Pramac Ducati / 1m 56.316s
- Stefan Bradl / HRC Honda Team / 1m 56.330s
- Pol Espargaro / Red Bull KTM Factory / 1m 56.353s
- Takaaki Nakagami / LCR Honda / 1m 56.512s
- Sylvain Guintoli / Suzuki Ecstar / 1m 57.037s
- Thomas Luthi / EG 0,0 Marc VDS / 1m 57.208s
- Karel Abraham / Angel Nieto Team / 1m 57.217s
- Aleix Espargaro / Factory Aprilia Gresini / 1m 57.250s
- Scott Redding / Factory Aprilia Gresini / 1m 57.438s
- Xavier Simeon / Reale Avintia / 1m 58.048s
- source : MotoGP
This Week Popular Post