pm studio world wide sports news
pm studio world wide sports news
news, tech, music, film, sports, cg, translation, photo uploader
- MotoGP Brno: Marc Marquez Wins at Automotodrom Brno with Clever Strategy
- Monster Energy Motorrad Grand Prix witnessed Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) a dominant third victory of the MotoGP season at Automotodrom Brno on August 6.
The teams were difficlut to chose tyre on strange wether, beginning of the race, track was still little bit wet condition.
Jorge Lorenzo (Ducati Team) led the race on the opening lap, following him Marc Marquez, Valentino Rossi (Movistar Yamaha), Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) and Johann Zarco (Monster Yamaha Tech3).
But afterwards, Marc Marquez dropped down and tried the switch to slicks, because the track became dry condition with the sun shining. Meanwhile, Valentino Rossi overtook Jorge Lorenzo and led the race, Lorenzo finally came in the Ducati pit to switch tyre at the end of lap four after losing the lead to Rossi.
Other riders came in the pit except Valentino Rossi, Andrea Dovizioso and Johann Zarco. Eventurly, Valentino Rossi missed timing of the switch to slicks, then he struggled to regain the position after coming in pit.
Finally, Marc Marquez won the race with clever strategy, his teammate Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda) finished the 2nd place and Maverick Vinales took the third.
Valentino Rossi was 4th, Cal Crutchlow (LCR Honda) was 5th and Andrea Dovizioso was 6th.
Marc Marquez (P1):
“Honestly, it was a difficult Sunday. First of all, a special Sunday. All the riders were riding for one legend that we lost and it was extra motivation. Today I felt like I wanted to take a risk to try and win the race. The first decision was on the grid, that time was the incorrect decision…I put on the soft tyre because my plan was to push for four or five laps and then go in. But it was the wrong decision, it was spinning and I lost many positions. That made me go into the box a bit earlier, but it was the only chance I had. When I came out on slicks I almost crashed three or four times, but then I started to calm down. Then one lap when I passed the pit board it said P1, plus 18 or 20 seconds and then everything was better, the sun came out! I normally struggle a lot at this circuit every year but the test we did here in summer break was really important. To leave Brno with 25 points gives me good confidence. Today, I don’t know why, I got up and said ‘I want to take a risk’. And I did in all ways, and in the end we have 25 points for the Championship. Now we’ll enjoy this victory, then there’s a test tomorrow to where we have to try some setups to understand better before the Red Bull Ring. Last year we struggled but we were there, not very far, so if we can improve a bit I think we can fight for the podium. But first we should enjoy the win, then on Friday after FP1 and FP2 I’ll let you know how we are!”
Dani Pedrosa (P2):
“Afterwards it’s always easier to see things! I was expecting this kind of race, wet to dry, then it was raining all day, then stopping…so I thought it would be like this for the race, even when I was on the grid. It was a bit clearer but I thought it would rain again. Then on the Warm Up lap I could see it was going to be clear. I was trying to keep in touch in the first laps but I was surprised how quickly it dried – I was thinking about coming in but I decided to do one more lap, and unfortunately one lap too late to make the second half of the race easier! But I normally struggle in this kind of race and I was quite fast out the box with slicks and competitive all weekend, which is positive for me and my team. I’m positive about the result, and the bike was working well. I’m quite happy with the weekend.”
Maverick Viñales (P3):
“This weekend was very tough, then luckily on the grid the sun started to come out. On the rain tyre I was feeling good, but I was already thinking after two laps maybe I should go in but there were too many people, so maybe I went in a lap too late. Warming up the slicks was difficult but then the bike felt good again. I was feeling great in the last laps and I’m happy to have that back. It’s important to be back on the podium for confidence and motivation, and it’s important for the Championship. Today we recovered a lot of feelings and tomorrow the test will be important.”
Monster Energy Grand Prix České republiky Race Results
- Marc Marquez / Repsol Honda / 44'15.974s
- Dani Pedrosa / Repsol Honda / 44'28.412s
- Maverick Vinales / Movistar Yamaha / 44'34.109s
- Valentino Rossi / Movistar Yamaha / 44'36.440s
- Cal Crutchlow / LCR Honda / 44'36.866s
- Andrea Dovizioso / Ducati Team / 44'39.233s
- Danilo Petrucci / Octo Pramac / 44'40.053s
- Aleix Espargaro / Factory Aprilia Gresini / 44'46.533s
- Pol Espargaro / Red Bull KTM Factory / 44'46.728s
- Jonas Folger / Monster Yamaha Tech3 / 44'49.210s
- Alex Rins / Suzuki Ecstar / 44'49.264s
- Johann Zarco / Monster Yamaha Tech3 / 44'50.569s
- Karel Abraham / Pull&Bear Aspar / 44'50.671s
- Jack Miller / EG 0,0 Marc VDS / 44'54.036s
- Jorge Lorenzo / Ducati Team / 44'56.074s
- Scott Redding / Octo Pramac / 45'0.350s
- Tito Rabat / EG 0,0 Marc VDS / 45'1.428s
- Sam Lowes / Factory Aprilia Gresini / 45'9.950s
- Andrea Iannone / Suzuki Ecstar / 45'39.320s
- Hector Barbera / Reale Avintia / +1 lap
All photos copyright by MotoGP.
- source : MotoGP
This Week Popular Post
BBC Radio 1 Singles 40
"Fairytale Of New York (feat. Kirsty MacColl)"