MotoGP Valencia: Marc Marquez Wins The 2019 Valencia MotoGP Season Finale
- The 2019 Valencia MotoGP season finale, Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda) beat pole sitter Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha) to take his 12th victory of 2019 season. Also his win secured the 2019 teams' title for the Repsol Honda squad.
Fabio Quartararo led the race in beginning, but finished 2nd place. He has secured the MotoGP Independent riders’ title along with his top rookie honour in 2019. 3rd place was Jack Miller (Pramac Ducati), who took his 5th podium of 2019.
Jorge Lorenzo (Repsol Honda) ended his career in MotoGP with his best result since June's Italian GP in 13th.
Marc Marquez said, “It was my best season of my career and I don’t know if it will be my best season in all of my career but obviously the numbers, the statistics speak. We showed our potential this year and it was a perfect season as it was so difficult to improve on.
We finished in the best way by winning the race in Valencia but especially taking the teams’ championship because all the Repsol Honda team deserves it.
It is a way to say goodbye to Jorge because in the end the Jorge I have in mind and for everybody is the Jorge that is a five-time world champion and in the end we will celebrate something together tonight and this will make me happy.”
Gran Premio Motul de la Comunitat Valenciana Grand Prix Race Results
- Marc Marquez / Repsol Honda / 41m 21.469s
- Fabio Quartararo / Petronas Yamaha / +1.026s
- Jack Miller / Pramac Ducati / +2.409s
- Andrea Dovizioso / Ducati Team / +3.326s
- Alex Rins / Suzuki Ecstar / +3.508s
- Maverick Viñales / Monster Yamaha / +8.829s
- Joan Mir / Suzuki Ecstar / +10.622s
- Valentino Rossi / Monster Yamaha / +22.992s
- Aleix Espargaro / Factory Aprilia Gresini / +32.704s
- Pol Espargaro / Red Bull KTM Factory / +32.973s
- Tito Rabat / Reale Avintia Ducati / +42.795s
- Mika Kallio / Red Bull KTM Factory / +45.732s
- Jorge Lorenzo / Repsol Honda / +51.044s
- Karel Abraham / Reale Avintia Ducati / +64.871s
- Hafizh Syahrin / Red Bull KTM Tech3 / +76.487s
- source : MotoGP