MotoGP Japanese: Jack Miller Dominates To Take Victory in Motegi
Motul Grand Prix of Japan watched Jack Miller (Ducati Lenovo) claimed his first victory of 2022 season at Motegi Twin Ring Circuit in Motegi.
It is his third victory of MotoGP career, following the 2021 Spanish GP and French GP.
Brad Binder (Red Bull KTM) took 2nd place since 2022 Qatar Grand Prix.
Jorge Martin (Pramac Ducati) finished 3rd. It is his third podume on 2022, following Argentine Republic GP and Catalan GP.
Poleman Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda) finisged 4th ahead of Miguel Oliveira (Red Bull KTM).
Luca Marini (Mooney VR46 Ducati) was 6th and continued his 100% finishing record in his MotoGP career.
Maverick Viñales (Aprilia Racing) and Fabio Quartararo (Monster Yamaha) finished 7th and 8th, each.
Enea Bastianini (Gresini Ducati) moved up from 15th and finished 9th.
When Francesco Bagnaia (Ducati Lenovo) went for a pass up the inside of Fabio Quartararo into Turn 3 on the final lap, he crashed out.
Aleix Espargaro (Aprilia Racing) started at pit lane due to the machine trouble and finished 16th.
Both riders Francesco Bagnaia and Aleix Espargaro got no point.
This result marks Fabio Quartararo's World Championship lead has grown to 18 over Francesco Bagnaia, while Aleix Espargaro is another seven behind.
Jack Miller said, “I can ride a motorcycle sometimes! What an amazing day. I felt amazing all weekend since I rolled out in the first free practice. Feels so awesome to be racing on this side of the world again and the Japanese fans have been incredible all weekend, sitting there all through the miserable rain yesterday. Thank you to them and the team, what an amazing day, it's awesome. We've got a home grand prix coming up shortly, wedding coming up in a couple of weeks, it's amazing for me, so I'm over the moon. When you're riding or racing like that, the biggest opponent you've got is the man inside your head - so I was just trying to not listen to him too much, and it was relatively easy to not listen to him today when the bike's working as well as it was.”
Motul Grand Prix of Japan Race Results
- Jack Miller / Ducati Lenovo / 42m 29.174s
- Brad Binder / Red Bull KTM / +3.409s
- Jorge Martin / Pramac Ducati / +4.136s
- Marc Marquez / Repsol Honda / +7.784s
- Miguel Oliveira / Red Bull KTM / +8.185s
- Luca Marini / Mooney VR46 Ducati / +8.348s
- Maverick Viñales / Aprilia Racing / +9.879s
- Fabio Quartararo / Monster Yamaha / +10.193s
- Enea Bastianini / Gresini Ducati / +10.318s
- Marco Bezzecchi / Mooney VR46 Ducati / +16.419s
- Johann Zarco / Pramac Ducati / +16.586s
- Pol Espargaro / Repsol Honda / +17.456s
- Alex Marquez / LCR Honda / +18.219s
- Franco Morbidelli / Monster Yamaha / +19.012s
- Cal Crutchlow / WithU Yamaha RNF / +19.201s
- Aleix Espargaro / Aprilia Racing / +25.473s
- Fabio Di Giannantonio / Gresini Ducati / +27.006s
- Raul Fernandez / KTM Tech3 / +29.374s
- Remy Gardner / KTM Tech3 / +29.469s
- Takaaki Nakagami / LCR Honda / +43.294s
Photo by MotoGP
- source : MotoGP