MotoGP French: Enea Bastianini Takes Third Win of 2022 in Le Mans
- The SHARK Grand Prix de France saw Enea Bastianini (Gresini Ducati) claimed his third victory of the 2022 season at circuit of Le Mans in French city, following Qatar GP and Americas GP.
Jack Miller (Ducati Lenovo) was 2nd behind Enea Bastianini by 2.718 seconds. It is his second podium of 2022, following Americas GP.
Aleix Espargaro (Aprilia Racing) finished 3rd in a row, following Portuguese GP and Spanish GP.
Local heroes Fabio Quartararo (Monster Yamaha) and Johann Zarco (Pramac Racing) were unable to mark their home GP with a podium, as they had to settle for fourth and fifth.
At the beginning of the race, Jack Miller, Francesco Bagnaia (Ducati Lenovo), Alex Rins (Suzuki Ecstar), Enea Bastianini, Joan Mir (Suzuki Ecstar) and Aleix Espargaro led the race. But, Alex Rins (Suzuki Ecstar) crashed at the fast Turn 2 on lap 3 and Joan Mir crashed on lap 15.
After that, three Ducati riders Francesco Bagnaia, Jack Miller and Enea Bastianini consisted the top three, followed by Aleix Espargaro and Fabio Quartararo.
Enea Bastianini passed Jack Miller on lap 12, and Francesco Bagnaia on lap 21, and moved up to top. But Francesco Bagnaia crashed out on lap 21, Aleix Espargaro moved up to 3rd.
Finally, Enea Bastianini kept top position and reached the chequered flag.
6-time World Champion Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda) struggled to sixth. Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Honda) was 7th ahead of Brad Binder (Red Bull KTM), who was the only KTM to make to the finish. Other KTM Riders Miguel Oliveira (Red Bull KTM), Fernandez (KTM Tech3) and Remy Gardner (KTM Tech3) all crashing out. Also, Jorge Martin (Pramac Racing) crashed out.
Enea Bastianini said, “I'm really happy with this race because this victory is unexpected. During the race I saw that my rhythm was really good.”
Jack Miller said, "He (Enea Bastianini)'s done it plenty of times. He's always strong at the end of the race, he's got a good drive, he's good on the tyres and he worked it well today. He made a perfect race I think. We could have had a Ducati 1-2-3, but it wasn't to be.”
Aleix Espargaro said, “I knew Fabio was behind me but I knew it was difficult for him to overtake me. The race was about not making mistakes. It was a very difficult race, the most difficult of the season so far.”
SHARK Grand Prix de France Race Results
- Enea Bastianini / Gresini Ducati / 41m 34.613s
- Jack Miller / Ducati Lenovo / +2.718s
- Aleix Espargaro / Aprilia Racing / +4.182s
- Fabio Quartararo / Monster Yamaha / +4.288s
- Johann Zarco / Pramac Ducati / +11.139s
- Marc Marquez / Repsol Honda / +15.155s
- Takaaki Nakagami / LCR Honda / +16.680s
- Brad Binder / Red Bull KTM / +18.459s
- Luca Marini / Mooney VR46 Ducati / +20.541s
- Maverick Viñales / Aprilia Racing / +21.486s
- Pol Espargaro / Repsol Honda / +22.707s
- Marco Bezzecchi / Mooney VR46 Ducati / +23.408s
- Fabio Di Giannantonio / Gresini Ducati / +26.432s
- Alex Marquez / LCR Honda / +28.710s
- Franco Morbidelli / Monster Yamaha / +29.433s
- Andrea Dovizioso / WithU Yamaha RNF / +38.149s
- Darryn Binder / WithU Yamaha RNF / +59.748s
Pohto by MotoGP
- source : MotoGP