MotoGP Thailand: Fabio Quartararo Claims Pole Position at Buriram
- The Round 15 on MotoGP 2019, PTT Thailand Grand Prix ran Qualifying at Chang International Circuit on October 5, 2019.
Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha) set a new lap record with 1m29.719s to take pole position ahead of Maverick Vinales (Monster Yamaha).
Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda) and Valentino Rossi (Monster Yamaha) crashed during qualifying. But Marc Marquez took the third position on the front row.
The Championship competitor Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) will start at 7th on the third row. For Andrea Dovizioso, he has to finish ahead of Marc Marquez tomorrow, if he wants to continue World title race.
If Marc Marquez wins, he will become an eight-time Champion. Also, If he finishes 2nd, 3rd or 4th and Andrea Dovizioso finishes behind him, Marc Marquez will take World title.
In other cace, if he finishes 5th and Dovizioso finishes worse than 6th (7th or lower). If he finishes 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th or 13th and Dovizioso finishes at least two places behind in each case. If he finishes 14th and Dovizioso doesn’t score any points, Marc Marquez will be crowned Champion.
Fabio Quartararo said, “The first run was really good and then I was really surprised about making a 1m 29s and on my second lap I tried to push at my maximum. I knew that the 1m 29.7s would be at the front so that was our goal but I tried to push even more but it was not possible as I crashed in Turn 5. Overall it is really good, FP4 we had a good pace so I am really looking forward to the race. Unfortunately, we didn’t get laps in the dry in FP3 but I am really happy overall as our pace is a bit far from Marc but we will try in the race to stay with him.
I give my 100% in every race so tomorrow it will be the same for me. Looking at the pace he is a lot faster than us but we know that in the races it is different. We will try to stay with him but for us it is the same. If I am there with him we will try everything to fight with him like in Misano.”
- Fabio Quartararo / Petronas Yamaha / 1'29.719s
- Maverick Vinales / Monster Yamaha / +0.106s
- Marc Marquez / Repsol Honda / +0.212s
- Franco Morbidelli / Petronas Yamaha / +0.712s
- Danilo Petrucci / Ducati Team / +0.803s
- Jack Miller / Pramac Ducati / +0.878s
- Andrea Dovizioso / Ducati Team / +0.973s
- Joan Mir / Suzuki Ecstar / +1.016s
- Valentino Rossi / Monster Yamaha / +1.022s
- Alex Rins / Suzuki Ecstar / +1.059s
- Pol Espargaro / Red Bull KTM Factory / +1.346s
- Aleix Espargaro / Factory Aprilia Gresini / +1.539s
- Cal Crutchlow / LCR Honda / 1'30.969s
- Takaaki Nakagami / LCR Honda / 1'31.388s
- Francesco Bagnaia / Pramac Ducati / 1'31.416s
- Andrea Iannone / Factory Aprilia Gresini / 1'31.428s
- Miguel Oliveira / Red Bull KTM Tech3 / 1'31.499s
- Tito Rabat / Reale Avintia Ducati / 1'31.554s
- Jorge Lorenzo / Repsol Honda / 1'31.605s
- Karel Abraham / Reale Avintia Ducati / 1'31.773s
- Mika Kallio / Red Bull KTM Factory / 1'31.849s
- Hafizh Syahrin / Red Bull KTM Tech3 / 1'31.979s
- source : MotoGP