MotoGP San Marino: Maverick Vinales Takes Pole Position in Misano
- The Round 13 on MotoGP 2019, GP Octo di San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini Grand Prix ran Qualifying at Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli on September 14, 2019.
Maverick Vinales (Monster Yamaha) took pole position for the eighth time in the premier class, equalling Luca Cadalora. This is the 19th pole position of his career. In addition, this is his first pole position since Qatar.
The send position was Pol Espargaro (Red Bull KTM Factory), equalling his best qualifying result since he stepped up to the MotoGP™ class in 2014, from Le Mans in his rookie year when on a Yamaha.
The third was Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha). Following him, his team mate Franco Morbidelli took 4th position on the second row of the grid.
Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda) will start at 5th position, which is his worst qualifying performance since he was also fifth at Valencia last season.
Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) and Valentino Rossi (Monster Yamaha) will start on t 3rd row alongside Marc Marquez.
Maverick Vinales said, “I am really happy because from Friday I felt really good and somehow I found a better feeling than I had at the test so I can hit very good lap times even with very used tyres,” Vinales said. “I am excited for tomorrow and I think we have approached the weekend in a really good way.
We are doing good steps and I think we have improved our riding style a lot on the bike, that is the improvement on track.
Somehow even in slippery conditions we have created a good corner speed and I think that is why we are very fast. We will try to push from the first lap and then we will see. But we are ready to fight until the end, the important objective is to fight for the victory.
I worked very hard with my father at home trying to be better on the bike because the bike is the same so I needed to improve to make a next step if I wanted to be at the front. I worked very hard at home trying to work on weight balance and to see what I needed to be fast.
Somehow it worked so I am really happy with all the hard work that we did as we spent a lot of days on the bike so I was very happy already from FP1 as I saw an improvement from my second lap so I was very, very happy.”
GP Octo di San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini Grand Prix Qualifying Results
- Maverick Vinales / Monster Yamaha / 1'32.265s
- Pol Espargaro / Red Bull KTM Factory / +0.295s
- Fabio Quartararo / Petronas Yamaha / +0.306s
- Franco Morbidelli / Petronas Yamaha / +0.445s
- Marc Marquez / Repsol Honda / +0.477s
- Andrea Dovizioso / Ducati Team / +0.773s
- Valentino Rossi / Monster Yamaha / +0.814s
- Johann Zarco / Red Bull KTM Factory / +0.858s
- Alex Rins / Suzuki Ecstar / +1.000s
- Joan Mir / Suzuki Ecstar / +1.166s
- Takaaki Nakagami / LCR Honda / +1.184s
- Michele Pirro / Ducati Team / +1.196s
- Francesco Bagnaia / Pramac Ducati / 1'33.488s
- Cal Crutchlow / LCR Honda / 1'33.516s
- Aleix Espargaro / Factory Aprilia Gresini / 1'33.522s
- Jack Miller / Pramac Ducati / 1'33.571s
- Danilo Petrucci / Ducati Team / 1'33.63s
- Jorge Lorenzo / Repsol Honda / 1'33.777s
- Miguel Oliveira / Red Bull KTM Tech3 / 1'34.162s
- Hafizh Syahrin / Red Bull KTM Tech3 / 1'34.322s
- Karel Abraham / Reale Avintia Ducati / 1'34.401s
- Tito Rabat / Reale Avintia Ducati / 1'34.904s
- Andrea Iannone / Factory Aprilia Gresini / No TIme
- source : MotoGP