- MotoGP Spain: Cal Crutchlow Breaks Lap Record To Take Pole Position at Jerez
- The Round 4 on MotoGP 2018, Spanish Grand Prix Qualifying took place at circuit of Jerez on May 5, 2018.
Cal Crutchlow (LCR Honda) took pole position and broke MotoGP's Jerez track record with a 1m 37.653s. This marks his first MotoGP pole position since 2016 at Silverstone.
Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda) was 2nd position behinde Crutchlow by 0.259s. 3rd place was Johann Zarco (Monster Yamaha Tech3) with 1m 37.956s.
Jorge Lorenzo (Ducati Team) finished fourth, with Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda) ending up being shuffled down to fifth.
Suzuki duo Alex Rins and Andrea Iannone ended up 0.007s and 0.010s behind Marquez in sixth and seventh.
Current point leader Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) successfully advanced to Q2 from Q1, but he finished 8th.
Movistar Yamaha team Valentino Rossi and Maverick Vinales were struggled to get speed. Both riders will start at 4th row tomorrow.
Gran Premio Red Bull de España Qualifying Results
- Cal Crutchlow / LCR Honda / 1m 37.653s
- Dani Pedrosa / Repsol Honda / 1m 37.912s
- Johann Zarco / Monster Yamaha Tech3 / 1m 37.956s
- Jorge Lorenzo / Ducati Team / 1m 37.969s
- Marc Marquez / Repsol Honda / 1m 37.977s
- Alex Rins / Suzuki Ecstar / 1m 37.984s
- Andrea Iannone / Suzuki Ecstar / 1m 37.987s
- Andrea Dovizioso / Ducati Team / 1m 38.029s
- Danilo Petrucci / Pramac Ducati / 1m 38.086s
- Valentino Rossi / Movistar Yamaha / 1m 38.267s
- Maverick Vinales / Movistar Yamaha / 1m 38.281s
- Jack Miller / Pramac Ducati / 1m 38.522s
- Aleix Espargaro / Factory Aprilia Gresini / 1m 38.389s
- Takaaki Nakagami / LCR Honda / 1m 38.481s
- Franco Morbidelli / EG 0,0 Marc VDS / 1m 38.544s
- Pol Espargaro / Red Bull KTM Factory / 1m 38.598s
- Tito Rabat / Reale Avintia / 1m 38.610s
- Thomas Luthi / EG 0,0 Marc VDS / 1m 38.752s
- Mika Kallio / Red Bull KTM Factory / 1m 38.759s
- Alvaro Bautista / Angel Nieto Team / 1m 38.838s
- Bradley Smith / Red Bull KTM Factory / 1m 38.961s
- Hafizh Syahrin / Monster Yamaha Tech3 / 1m 39.135s
- Karel Abraham / Angel Nieto Team / 1m 39.146s
- Xavier Simeon / Reale Avintia / 1m 39.708s
- Scott Redding / Factory Aprilia Gresini / 1m 39.918s
All photos copyright by MotoGP.
- source : MotoGP