MotoGP Austin: Marc Marquez claims sixth-straight win in Grand Prix of the Americas
- The Round 3 on MotoGP 2018, Red Bull Austin Grand Prix took place at circuit of the Americas on April 22, 2018.
Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda) delivered the perfect race from a penalty of blocking and won his sixth straight race in Texas.
“For me, that was my strategy,” Marquez said. “Start, push, and that’s it. I didn’t have confidence to battle, so I pushed from the beginning and tried to open a gap.”
His lead peaked at around seven seconds, and he controlled the gap to take his first win of the 2018 season.
2nd place was pole sitter Maverick Vinales (Movistar Yamaha) behind Marc Marquez by 3.560 seconds. Andrea Iannone (Suzuki Ecstar) finished 3rd place, which marks his first podium as a Suzuki rider.
Valentino Rossi (Movistar Yamaha) pressured Yamaha team-mate Vinales in the early laps, but couldn't find a way through and was fourth place.
Pre-race points leader Cal Crutchlow (LCR Honda) crashed at mid-distance during a tense scrap for fifth place, then he came back to the race from the crash, finally he was 18th.
Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) took 5th place. It marks he lead the championship by a single point from Marquez, with Vinales just five behind in third and Crutchlow moved down to fourth.
Red Bull Grand Prix of The Americas Race Results
- Marc Marquez / Repsol Honda / 41m 52.002s
- Maverick Vinales / Movistar Yamaha / 41m 55.562s
- Andrea Iannone / Suzuki Ecstar / 41m 58.706s
- Valentino Rossi / Movistar Yamaha / 42m 1.589s
- Andrea Dovizioso / Ducati Team / 42m 5.572s
- Johann Zarco / Monster Yamaha Tech3 / 42m 6.233s
- Dani Pedrosa / Repsol Honda / 42m 10.203s
- Tito Rabat / Reale Avintia / 42m 20.539s
- Jack Miller / Pramac Ducati / 42m 20.673s
- Aleix Espargaro / Factory Aprilia Gresini / 42m 20.877s
- Jorge Lorenzo / Ducati Team / 42m 23.357s
- Danilo Petrucci / Pramac Ducati / 42m 26.995s
- Pol Espargaro / Red Bull KTM Factory / 42m 29.266s
- Takaaki Nakagami / LCR Honda / 42m 31.337s
- Alvaro Bautista / Angel Nieto Team / 42m 32.889s
- Bradley Smith / Red Bull KTM Factory / 42m 40.477s
- Scott Redding / Factory Aprilia Gresini / 42m 41.997s
- Thomas Luthi / EG 0,0 Marc VDS / 42m 43.117s
- Cal Crutchlow / LCR Honda / 42m 51.057s
- Xavier Simeon / Reale Avintia / 42m 51.749s
- Franco Morbidelli / EG 0,0 Marc VDS / 42m 52.515s
All photos copyright by MotoGP.
- source : MotoGP