- Barcelona terror attack: 13 killed as van rams crowds in Las Ramblas
- At least 13 people have died and 50 were injured after a van ploughed into crowds in Barcelona's famous Las Ramblas tourist area on August 18, 2017.
The attack happened at the height of the season in one of Europe's top tourist destinations.
The vehicle sped along the pedestrian area, mowing down people and sending others fleeing for cover. Police are treating the incident as terrorism.
Later they said a man had been arrested in connection with the attack. Witnesses said the van had deliberately targeted people before stopping.
Spanish media reports said the driver of the vehicle - a white Fiat that had been rented in the city - had fled on foot.
Local authorities in the small town of Vic in Catalonia say police have cordoned off the area and are inspecting another van amid suggestions it may have been used as a getaway vehicle.
Meanwhile police released a photo of a man named as Driss Oubakir, who is alleged to have rented the van used to drive into pedestrians.
Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy said he was in contact with authorities, and the priority was to attend to the injured.
Central boulevard that runs 1.2km (0.75 miles) through the centre of Barcelona.
Runs from the city's Plaça de Catalunya (Catalonia Square) to the Christopher Columbus monument at the seafront.
Popular with tourists because of its market stalls, bars and restaurants.
- source : BBC